• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English (1123) : How'd it go guys? :)

Reaction score
Thinking about it with the little information you have provided, it sounds a little absurd. However, I'm sure you connected it well while writing it down? As for the topic that you forgot to mention, did you atleast mention the option number? If not, there's a huge chance that the examiner would excuse you at this one, as it sounds like a common mistake.
How was p2? I found in passage 2 the shrinking shore one, and the kitten question very tricky. What did you write?

Reaction score
1st true and last two cannot tell (CT)
1st true ,, 2nd false, 3rd ct
as the statement in passage was 'the grandson of the chinese emperor is RUMOURED to have given two pandas to americans as a sign of goodwill,
rumoured clearly indicates that the statement was false

Reaction score
we

well, i wrote TAKE HIM INTO CONFIDENCE . would it be right

Hey, as an independant meaning, that would be perfect. However, in the context of the given passage it did not quite refer to a 'secret' as 'taking into confidence' would suggest. But there's a 50/50 chance, examiner might just tick it right! :D

Reaction score
How was p2? I found in passage 2 the shrinking shore one, and the kitten question very tricky. What did you write?

Yes, agreed. Those were the two questions that depended upon personal understanding. P2 was okay-ish, hope I get stuff right. :)

Reaction score
Yes, agreed. Those were the two questions that depended upon personal understanding. P2 was okay-ish, hope I get stuff right. :)
Likewise. Goodluck for the rest of them. I still can't figure out what the second t/f question wanted. A chinese emperor gifted pandas to america. Well technically it was his grandson who gifted but they have said A chinese emperor which could mean any person he just needs to be emperor and I'm not sure what the grandson was thats why i chose CT.

Reaction score
I considered that too but since the question stated what paragraph it was from i tried to look for answers from the same paragraph. I wrote something about the deepness of the water relative to the length of phelp's pipe. :p it was a messy paper.
Yeah, same here. It was mentioned earlier that the tide was coming.

Reaction score
1st true ,, 2nd false, 3rd ct
as the statement in passage was 'the grandson of the chinese emperor is RUMOURED to have given two pandas to americans as a sign of goodwill,
rumoured clearly indicates that the statement was false
my friend rumour indicate that it can be true or false

Reaction score
Can any1 tell me tht the grades of oct/nov paprz(olevels) are considred in scholarship or not..???
it wud b much obliged!!