• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics: Post your doubts here (O + A level)

Reaction score
Hey , How does the Net Investment Income on the Current Account get affected by Interest rates ?
and in market mechanism how do the incomes for the suppliers get stabilised?

Reaction score
Hey , How does the Net Investment Income on the Current Account get affected by Interest rates ?
and in market mechanism how do the incomes for the suppliers get stabilised?
people invest in a country due to intrest rates yeah? to get a higher interest on investment.
and i'm guessing the answer to your second question has to do with the equllibrium price

Reaction score
Can u like answer my previous posts

I am afraid I do not do O levels, I am currently doing AS level and I do not want to risk telling you the inaccurate information about things :( yet assuming that O levels are the same as IGCSE, 10 marks questions are just as fine, provided that you do know what to write about and is confident on it. 10 marks need roughly 4-5 points with definition and conclusion. GDP is the monetary value of the goods and services produced by the economy in a year. Based on that the very rough formula would be the quantity of goods/services produced multiplied by quantity produced. Still it is very rough and I do not recommend you to use my answer as your first guideline.

Reaction score
I am afraid I do not do O levels, I am currently doing AS level and I do not want to risk telling you the inaccurate information about things :( yet assuming that O levels are the same as IGCSE, 10 marks questions are just as fine, provided that you do know what to write about and is confident on it. 10 marks need roughly 4-5 points with definition and conclusion. GDP is the monetary value of the goods and services produced by the economy in a year. Based on that the very rough formula would be the quantity of goods/services produced multiplied by quantity produced. Still it is very rough and I do not recommend you to use my answer as your first guideline.

But then ddnt u do o levels?

Reaction score
What is the Equation for GDP?
What are the benefits and risks about integration?
For 10 marks questions what do we have to right? Can u explain how to answer with a 10 mark question?
Is it advisable to chose questions which has sub questions of 10 marks?
And can you post clear notes on Economies of Scale for an O-Level student?

Benefits of integration:
Increase in Market share
Economies of scale
Decrease in competition
If one product fails, then can still earn from other products (Diversification)
The supplier will not supply to any other business (backwards vertical)
Risks:
Diseconomies of scale
Difficult to manage as business becomes large
Chances of monopoly
Less motivated workers = fall in productivity

How to answer a 10 marks:
Its pretty easy :) Mostly it starts with 'Discuss'
Here's an example:
Discuss whether every economy should have some government intervention [10]
Okay so to answer this question you will first have to explain the advantages of government intervention and then the disadvantages of it. Then in the end give a conclusion in which you should give your opinion if it is important or not. Marks might be given like this:
Advantages of Government intervention: 4 marks
Disadvantages of Government intervention: 4 marks
Conclusion: 2 marks

Here you go :) This really helped me alot: http://www.mediafire.com/?d7ki1crdi1may

Reaction score
18 In a closed economy with no government, the level of investment is $5 million, the equilibrium
level of income is $22 million, the full employment level of income is $25 million and there is a
deflationary gap of $1 million.
What can be deduced from this information?
A The marginal propensity to consume is 2/3
B The marginal propensity to consume is 1/3
C The value of the investment multiplier is 5.
D The value of the investment multiplier is 1.5.

the answer is a, please explain how
thanks in advance

Reaction score
Benefits of integration:
Increase in Market share
Economies of scale
Decrease in competition
If one product fails, then can still earn from other products (Diversification)
The supplier will not supply to any other business (backwards vertical)
Risks:
Diseconomies of scale
Difficult to manage as business becomes large
Chances of monopoly
Less motivated workers = fall in productivity

How to answer a 10 marks:
Its pretty easy :) Mostly it starts with 'Discuss'
Here's an example:
Discuss whether every economy should have some government intervention [10]
Okay so to answer this question you will first have to explain the advantages of government intervention and then the disadvantages of it. Then in the end give a conclusion in which you should give your opinion if it is important or not. Marks might be given like this:
Advantages of Government intervention: 4 marks
Disadvantages of Government intervention: 4 marks
Conclusion: 2 marks

Here you go :) This really helped me alot: http://www.mediafire.com/?d7ki1crdi1may
For 10 marks questions u said that we have to right advantages and disadvantages so should we explain the advantages and disadvantages and like how long should an explanation be?

Reaction score
For 10 marks questions u said that we have to right advantages and disadvantages so should we explain the advantages and disadvantages and like how long should an explanation be?

BRIEFLY explain atleast four advantages and four disadvantages.
Like:
Government provides merit goods. These good are provided free to benefit the society and would be under-provided if left to the private businesses.