• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The files that are given to you are .csv files, and they save values only (hence the name, comma separated VALUES)
It's always recommended to you save your file as excel workbook (Save as --> excel workbook).
thnk you :D:D

Reaction score
@xenon- did you evaluate the website
this is from m/j 2011 q-16
no actually, I haven't done any AS papers fully after june 2010.. I gave my AS Aict exam two years ago... it just that I often linger around this forum and try to help out those who need it

Reaction score
hey xenon can i have a sample of ur may /june 2011 paper 2 ......the word processing part plz??????
hey I can refer you to the page number in the book... look in page 202.
our sir said if we are writing an article to a manager or director..........we have to start with dear sir and end with yours sincerely (name).............is that correct???????????
I never did anything like this

Reaction score
q10: check attachment forum_10
for 11, enter the criteria as shown here:
View attachment 4419

for Q12, the balance field is created using the expression builder.. the format is select automatically basing on the cost and paid field, but still can be assigned using the property sheet
View attachment 4420
now for 13, first create a table from the query performed this way:
View attachment 4421 save the table and then you'll see the exclamatory mark beside the name of the query. Double-click it and access you ask you whether you want to create a new table, say yes to it

Select Report Design from Create tab and then Add Existing Fields, open the table created from the query and then drag and drop and arrange the fields in the Detail area of the report, for 14, enter the title in Page Header along with candidate details... each record should start in a new page
View attachment 4422

I know the whole thing is long and hope it helps you

Thanks alot :)

Reaction score
Help please! I need help in the m/j 2008 AS paper (9713) Q.24-25, the route question.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Reaction score
plzz guys if anyone knows the essay question or what is it about .. post it !! my exam is on 21 of march ! so if anyone is taking the exam before this date plz tell me what is the essay question !! thanks :)

Reaction score
Help please! I need help in the m/j 2008 AS paper (9713) Q.24-25, the route question.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :D

The question says enter formulae to count the number of buses that are 5 or more minutes late for each bus route.You may sort the data into
Route order and use ranges within the sorted data or an extra column to help you.
As said by xexon in the previous comments and i've quoted too..
First sort the Route column in ascending order
then in the table created, use the function COUNTIF and then manually enter the formula, I mean... like Route 1 starts from row 6 to 14.. taking this information, the formula set is =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$E$6:$E$14,">=5"), column E is used since we are dealing with time....
you can use this formula or use a bigger and more automated formula
=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!$E$6:$E$131,">=5",Sheet1!$F$6:$F$131,RIGHT(A2,1))

Is this you are looking for ?! :)