• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
From November 2012 Paper 2 Question 3 PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME :unsure:
When you import the N1STORES.TXT into access, do we have to change the names of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th field and if we do what do we change it to,
this is the link of the exam paper
http://aslevelappliedict.wikispaces.com/file/view/9713_w12_qp_2.pdf
and this is the marking scheme
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Applied Information and Communication Technology (9713)/9713_w12_ms_2.pdf

Yes you need to change those.

http://puu.sh/2kxiJ

Second field becomes BranchName as described in the Question itself..

For Third, Fourth, Fifth .. you need to be creative .. and add the fields.. Like I used BranchAddress1, BranchAddress2 & BranchAddress3.

From The question

"Some field names, primary key fields and data types are shown below. Use this information
and to help you to create the tables:"

some meaning that .. they have only given some of the fields and we need to define the rest of the fields ourselves..

Reaction score
Yes you need to change those.

http://puu.sh/2kxiJ

Second field becomes BranchName as described in the Question itself..

For Third, Fourth, Fifth .. you need to be creative .. and add the fields.. Like I used BranchAddress1, BranchAddress2 & BranchAddress3.

From The question

"Some field names, primary key fields and data types are shown below. Use this information
and to help you to create the tables:"

some meaning that .. they have only given some of the fields and we need to define the rest of the fields ourselves..
Thank you :)

Reaction score
I understood. Can you also help me with s11_qp2(( same qp)) q13 and q14?? Those are really complicated... :S
1.from all d data ,select everything 4 all 3 tables n make a query.
2.Like "Black Sabbath" Or "Iron Maiden" Or "Status Quo" .......type this in the name coloumn,in d criteria.(in d design view)
3.u have 2 make a new field......u'll do this by typing "Ave_Price: ([Price_1]+[Price_2]+[Price_3])/3" in a new coloumn n save it.
3.go into d datasheet view n format it into currency 2 decimal place by going into properties!!!
4.in d data sheet view if u have only the 3 nams mentioned in d names coloum n if d avg price is cmng then its right (y) ....if not then ask me again!! :)
i hope this was clear.......sorry i am not so gud at explaining!!!

Reaction score
1.from all d data ,select everything 4 all 3 tables n make a query.
2.Like "Black Sabbath" Or "Iron Maiden" Or "Status Quo" .......type this in the name coloumn,in d criteria.(in d design view)
3.u have 2 make a new field......u'll do this by typing "Ave_Price: ([Price_1]+[Price_2]+[Price_3])/3" in a new coloumn n save it.
3.go into d datasheet view n format it into currency 2 decimal place by going into properties!!!
4.in d data sheet view if u have only the 3 nams mentioned in d names coloum n if d avg price is cmng then its right (y) ....if not then ask me again!! :)
i hope this was clear.......sorry i am not so gud at explaining!!!
Thanks a lot.But what is d data sheet?

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.But what is d data sheet?
there is design view n datasheet view
datasheet view is ur actual quer or report !!!!
when u left click on any of the query or report u have made n then if u click on open....the data sheet view will open
n if select design view then d design view will open!!!

Attachments

• rhyjy.JPG
    rhyjy.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Thnx again AngelicBeauty.But how do i do these? Can someone help me ??

Attachments

• aaaaa.PNG
    aaaaa.PNG
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
This how it looks in desing view.But i have to add something to make it look exactly like the previous picture...

Attachments

• bbbb.PNG
    bbbb.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cccc.PNG
    cccc.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
This how it looks in desing view.But i have to add something to make it look exactly like the previous picture...
only variation i found in urs n d ms ws:
Avail is b4 price. u cn shift d fields 2 do dat, n dat will nt result in deduction of mks (at least i th).
Title is right aligned, urs is left. design view> right align..

if i misunderstood, plz reply
V seek Allah's help...

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Applied Information and Communication Technology (9713)/9713_s08_qp_2.pdf

This is how my data looks like currently:
2kNqs.jpg

Question No 32-33 .. Please explain it as well .. what kind of graph will I choose? and what cell range will I choose?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Applied Information and Communication Technology (9713)/9713_s08_qp_2.pdf

This is how my data looks like currently:
2kNqs.jpg

Question No 32-33 .. Please explain it as well .. what kind of graph will I choose? and what cell range will I choose?

Thanks in advance for the help!

i)you select the entire data,go to"Insrert" tab,--line graph
ii)on the graph:
select any one of the axis--right click---format data series--select secondary axis
iii)select the values of axis---right click---format axis----change the min & max value as per required
for this question:select the axis for avg min late & format it with min value of 3
iv)go to layout tab---axis title---primary vertical axis, secondary vertical axis, primary horizontal axis
this will place label for the axis
v)in layout tab---select chart title, & type an apt one

your chart is ready.....

Reaction score
i)you select the entire data,go to"Insrert" tab,--line graph
ii)on the graph:
select any one of the axis--right click---format data series--select secondary axis
iii)select the values of axis---right click---format axis----change the min & max value as per required
for this question:select the axis for avg min late & format it with min value of 3
iv)go to layout tab---axis title---primary vertical axis, secondary vertical axis, primary horizontal axis
this will place label for the axis
v)in layout tab---select chart title, & type an apt one

your chart is ready.....

Jazak Allah :)