• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE has gone too far!

Reaction score
well. for now all results are under review but its best for us to consider our results confirmed...once the component grades are announced, we can go for recheck in case our grades dont improve in their so called 'review'
Do you mean the curve for each component by"component grades"??

Reaction score
Do you mean the curve for each component by"component grades"??
nooo no no no....component results are lyk for each subject v hav 2 or 3 pprs...those are called components...so components grades are grades scored by a student in individual papers of a subject....

Reaction score
nooo no no no....component results are lyk for each subject v hav 2 or 3 pprs...those are called components...so components grades are grades scored by a student in individual papers of a subject....
I got mine already! For example in ICT : I got A-A-A in all 3 papers, but I still didnt get an A*

Reaction score
I got mine already! For example in ICT : I got A-A-A in all 3 papers, but I still didnt get an A*
is dat so? dats strange! since most schools didnt receive it! could u plz inbox me abt how u got to know ur component grades?

in case u r not satisfied with an A considering how great ur ppr must hav been, i suggest u go for a re-check...dats the only frndly advice i cn cum up with :)

Reaction score
is dat so? dats strange! since most schools didnt receive it! could u plz inbox me abt how u got to know ur component grades?

in case u r not satisfied with an A considering how great ur ppr must hav been, i suggest u go for a re-check...dats the only frndly advice i cn cum up with :)
You just ask the person responsible about IGCSE in your school for them! and the recheck is too expensive!

Reaction score
plz can any ine tell me if the grade boundaries differ from a country to the other and where is higher thanks in advance plzzzzzzzzzz help

Reaction score
Ermmm.. Aight To all those who aced, congratulations! :D keep it up :) all the best for the coming years (=
Erm, We all "expected" our grades and luckily some of us got what we expected our grades to be and others unfortunately did not do soo good :) . What's done is done, u got your grades, you know where you stand :) and frankly these "curve grades" dont always determine how clever you are, they just show you how much effort you put it or should have put in :)

BE thankful for your grades yoll! (y) Move on and study harder :)
Good Luck Peeps <3

Reaction score
haha okayy, I'll let u know...

nope , they dont differ from country to country....
how do u know?????????? plz try to be accurate because i can have my exam in egypt or in ksa and some told me that the curve in egypt in too high thats why,plz helpp

Reaction score
how do u know?????????? plz try to be accurate because i can have my exam in egypt or in ksa and some told me that the curve in egypt in too high thats why,plz helpp
Well i dont think that the curve is different in any country...cie follows the same threshold for all students of the same board...why dont u give ur papers in ksa??? Since i gave my pprs from there, it wont be any prob. At all...

Reaction score
well. for now all results are under review but its best for us to consider our results confirmed...once the component grades are announced, we can go for recheck in case our grades dont improve in their so called 'review'

are yew sure that they gonna recheck our papers once again and if yes then are you having any sort of evidence from cie or british council??? I have checked their official site and didnt find any relevant infomation or article regading this.

Reaction score
are yew sure that they gonna recheck our papers once again and if yes then are you having any sort of evidence from cie or british council??? I have checked their official site and didnt find any relevant infomation or article regading this.
nope...i am not sure abt it...that's the reason why i said that we should consider our results confirmed and already make up our mind for re-check....

Reaction score

Could you tell me how and when I can check my component grades please ?

Reaction score
Could you tell me how and when I can check my component grades please ?
As for 'how', u can ask the person responsible for results in ur school and as to 'when', i think u should ask for it now itself but many schools (like mine) argue that they dont get any component grades :/ I sent an email directly to the British Council of the country i live in and they replied saying i must ask my school for the component grades and i forwarded that email to my school and now i am waiting for what my school does next...in case ur school makes the same argument, u should do the same as me...