• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE has gone too far!

Reaction score
I did 8 subjects in May 2012! I expected at least 6 to be A* but only got 2 A* and the other 6 were A's! ICT was a very easy paper but I still got an A and I dont know anyone who got an A* ! and I wanted to recheck a couple of subjects but I wanted to make sure if it was only me or other people did bad too! So feel free to post your thoughts! :)

Reaction score
I did 8 subjects in May 2012! I expected at least 6 to be A* but only got 2 A* and the other 6 were A's! ICT was a very easy paper but I still got an A and I dont know anyone who got an A* ! and I wanted to recheck a couple of subjects but I wanted to make sure if it was only me or other people did bad too! So feel free to post your thoughts! :)

I went in there expecting only 2 A*s out of my 6/7 subjects and ended up getting A*s in all of them, yes even for ICT too, so it's probably you've just underestimated the tests or something.

Reaction score
I got an A* in ICT but yea some results like maths(A in that) was quite a shock bcuz i was expecting A*
Anyways(God knows best) maybe we were left by just 1 or 2 marks and hence missed an A*
A isnt that bad and like SalmanPakRocks said.....jst be thankful....u cud have got worse
however maybe ur grade might chance (in a better way)in the final certificate and i hope it does:)

Reaction score
I expected an A* in maths, and ended up getting an A .. Even though I've been an A* students throughout the year .. I got 5A*s , 5 As and a B

Reaction score
Thank you.. But i was quite disappointed since ive been getting A* in maths throughout the year.. and i expected an A* in english also, but i got an A ..
i did 10 papers together, including the double award science gcse, hence the 11 grades ..

Reaction score
I expected an A* in maths, and ended up getting an A .. Even though I've been an A* students throughout the year .. I got 5A*s , 5 As and a B
same here...was sure to achieve an A* in maths but got an A plus i had topped at skul in islamiyat and ended up with a B in it...

Reaction score
nah, u're nt the only one! m wid u, i hv 3 subjects dat i want to get rechecked!! of my 7 subjects, i expected all to b A*s n if nt all, then atleast 6! it didnt happen so...i checked with da ms n gt and dont seem to find how dey graded me the way they did!

Reaction score
nah, u're nt the only one! m wid u, i hv 3 subjects dat i want to get rechecked!! of my 7 subjects, i expected all to b A*s n if nt all, then atleast 6! it didnt happen so...i checked with da ms n gt and dont seem to find how dey graded me the way they did!
I think the grade boundaries were far too high this year .. What percentage and grade did you get in each of those examss?

Reaction score
I think the grade boundaries were far too high this year .. What percentage and grade did you get in each of those examss?
nah i dont think so... i got an A,A and a B in those 3 with A*s in the rest...considering m way too good at those 3, its just not acceptable!

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I should be thankful! But I dont seem to know how grade thresholds are calculated! I mean Biology is out of 160, bt they calculate the total out of 200! So can someone explain??

Reaction score

To be honest, i too was surprised with my ICT result, i got a B though, and everyone's grades here sound really good, congrats on that, i fared okay compared to everyone here, i got 2A*'s 3A's and 2B's, the second B was in English Language (0500), and there too i was shocked, because i had expected that to be a A or even an A*

Reaction score
Well if u think ur marks are bad..then what would u have done if u got a result of Bs and Cs??
Plus since marks arent shown u might have been 2 or 3 marks away from an A* in all ur subjects so move on.

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I should be thankful! But I dont seem to know how grade thresholds are calculated! I mean Biology is out of 160, bt they calculate the total out of 200! So can someone explain??
I think they double the wrong marks. For example in biology. P6 is 20% of the total grade and since the paper is out of 40, therefore 20%of 200 is 40 so if u lose a mark in the test it would be a mark overall. In P1, since its 30% and 30% of 200 is 60 and the paper is out of 40. therefore losing a mark in P1 would be counted as 1.5 marks overall. In P3, it is 50% and the paper is out of 80 and sice 50% of 200 is 100 therefore losing a mark in P3 is counted as 1.25 marks overall. SO P1 is the most critical. I think this is how they do it !!

Reaction score
Well if u think ur marks are bad..then what would u have done if u got a result of Bs and Cs??
Plus since marks arent shown u might have been 2 or 3 marks away from an A* in all ur subjects so move on.
its not like we all are stuck with it, bro...and infact, they do send component results u know...this time CIE is actually reviewing the result b4 the re-check itself as there have been quite some blunders made by them in the results since they haven't sent the component results yet...i hope u understand how it is when u check your answers with the ms and don't understand what made the grade drop...

Reaction score
its not like we all are stuck with it, bro...and infact, they do send component results u know...this time CIE is actually reviewing the result b4 the re-check itself as there have been quite some blunders made by them in the results since they haven't sent the component results yet...i hope u understand how it is when u check your answers with the ms and don't understand what made the grade dropped?
So are cie going to recheck the papers again? or are these the final results we are going to receive?

Reaction score
So are cie going to recheck the papers again? or are these the final results we are going to receive?
well. for now all results are under review but its best for us to consider our results confirmed...once the component grades are announced, we can go for recheck in case our grades dont improve in their so called 'review'