• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Revision

T.S

Reaction score
Re: Chemistry Paper 6 Revision

It was an easy exam. The only hard question was the last one. Did you guys answer it?

Reaction score

yes i did, i did displacement method, some did electrolysis, but electrolysis never came in this paper before so i stuck to the displacement

Reaction score

Well, I wanted to check .. In the second page .. A test for dilute nitric acid .. Can I put pH meter .. 1-6 acidic .. And the question where they ask you why should you rinse the burette with water .. Is " to remove impurities" acceptable ?.. And for the last question I wrote .. Take a sample .. Put in excess HCL .. Stir to dissolve salts .. Filter the Solution .. Heat sample till saturation point then leave it to cool .. Then measure the mass of coppor formes ?

Reaction score

yes you can, and the rinse watter thingy was the hardest, i didnt know what to answer and i dont know if u did right, anyway i putted that To avoid errors, last question you got wrong. coz how the heck will he filter that solution at that high temp =p

Reaction score

Aha .. So what about where they ask you why would it pass through sulphuric acid .. And before last page, the colour change was from what to what?

Reaction score

1- so as to dry it , because sulphuric acid is a drying agent
2- From pink to blue , because You warmed it so you took water

Reaction score

i forgot sulfuric acid dries gases :( in the exam i wrote it cleans the gas :p

in the last question i wrote you heat copper carbonate to get copper oxide then you heat copper oxide with carbon to get carbon dioxide and copper. can i get full marks?

and for the graph, one line went straight up then straight down, so i drew it with a ruler... but some of my friends said thats wrong :S

btw i've been reading these forums for the past week but i only joined today, so hi :)

Reaction score

exampasser said:
i forgot sulfuric acid dries gases :( in the exam i wrote it cleans the gas :p

in the last question i wrote you heat copper carbonate to get copper oxide then you heat copper oxide with carbon to get carbon dioxide and copper. can i get full marks?

and for the graph, one line went straight up then straight down, so i drew it with a ruler... but some of my friends said thats wrong :S

btw i've been reading these forums for the past week but i only joined today, so hi :)

Oh , Welcome in the community , Exam Passer :)

O.O THERE WAS A DIAGRAM TO DRAW?!

Reaction score

@SuperXDE

No diagram, I'm talking about the graphs... there were 2 graphs to draw, both line graphs, and the 2nd one had two line. In the lower line, the points were all in a line, so i drew it with a ruler. I don't know if anyone can remember, im finding it hard to remember myself :p

Reaction score

Oh ... that's relieving .... But I don't remember there was a graph along the X axis , or even parallel to it..

Reaction score

I don't remember properly, but I know that the curve went up in a straight line and down in a straight line, for example, the y-axis points were 2,4,6,8,10,9,8,7

So if you drew it it's a straight line going up then down, is it ok if I did it with a ruler?

Reaction score

I love your quotation. That is thoughtful.
Akin.Adekunle

Reaction score

exampasser said:
I don't remember properly, but I know that the curve went up in a straight line and down in a straight line, for example, the y-axis points were 2,4,6,8,10,9,8,7

So if you drew it it's a straight line going up then down, is it ok if I did it with a ruler?

I don't really remember , but in reference to Maths ... I doubt that there are any problems with that :)

AKIN said:
I love your quotation. That is thoughtful.
Akin.Adekunle

Thanks , Akin ... I wish I could understand what you meant by Quotation o_O

Reaction score

Thanks. And I think Akin means your signature.

"The successful is the one supported by The only one almighty omni-potent lord who has created everything, Everyone needs him and he needs no one."

Reaction score

exampasser said:
Thanks. And I think Akin means your signature.

"The successful is the one supported by The only one almighty omni-potent lord who has created everything, Everyone needs him and he needs no one."

Oh.... okay , :) Thanks for clarifying Exampasser.

Psst , you should share your tips for exams with us on the other thread by Zaid_Owns.

Reaction score

abdullah nasir said:
thnx alot this has help me alot in my exams.................

Al Shukru Lillah :) , You're welcome , I hope you score an A*

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalikum, I wou;d like to add that testing a purity of a substance,An impure substance boilss over a range of temperature.If an impurity is another liquid in a liquid,it starts to boil at boiling point of one liquid and ends at the boiling point of the other liquid!hope this is useful! :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalikum, I wou;d like to add that testing a purity of a substance,An impure substance boilss over a range of temperature.If an impurity is another liquid in a liquid,it starts to boil at boiling point of one liquid and ends at the boiling point of the other liquid!hope this is useful! :)

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Jazaak(i) Allahu Khairan for your concern , ^^ But it is already in the main post..