• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Revision

Reaction score
Re: Chemistry Paper 6 Revision

T.S said:
Thanks alot, Your the best !!!! Is there anything else we should know because I also have another exam on the same day with Edexcel (Human Biology) and I don't want to waste time.

You're welcome , Just pray for me that I understand what I am copying o.o..... so far I can't get the organic chromatography stuff

Ehm ehm...

Here is a summary for what you must Press on , ordered according to Exam questions :

1. Experimental Apparatus
  • Experiments and practical work concerning volume ,rate of reaction and temperature ( Electrolysis is included )
  • Identifying with tests , like this topic
  • Types of reactions ( Displacement , redox , exothermic , substitution w/e )
  • Rate of reaction and what affects it ( Temperature , Concentration and surface area [ usually Powder and ribbon ] )
  • Acidity and Alkalinity of a substance ( Check paper 6. October / November 2009 , Question No.5 )
  • Organic stuff and chromatography like the one I was asking 'user' about.

Reaction score

user said:
SuperXDE said:
user said:
(a)Put the leaf in the mortar and crush it using the pestle. Put the crushed leaf in a suitable solvent to dissolve in the coloured pigments
(b)Place a concentrated spot of liquid extract at the centre of baseline drawn 1-2 cm above the end of filter paper. Dip the paper in the solvent with the level of solvent below the baseline. The solvent rises up the paper producing the spots. The spots indicate the number of coloured pigments.
this is what i wrote hope this helps

Hmm , so the Mortar and the Pestle to crush the leaf , the solvent is to dissolve the coloured pigments in order to be able to do chromotography ? as in filling the first question?

Psst , the Topic has been updated , please check ^.^
Yeah right dissolving is done to do chromatography

Perfect~! >:) If I finish maths now , I will have some time to play MMORPGs...

Reaction score

well please help me with the part of organic chemistry needed for paper 6 including fermentation and cracking
thnx in advance

Reaction score

user said:
well please help me with the part of organic chemistry needed for paper 6 including fermentation and cracking
thnx in advance

Including what and what? I don't know them ... atleast not yet.. :) I will try digging the whole chemistry syllabus today and getting what is essential.

Reaction score

i think u should do that soon at least just know what topics need to be done cracking and fermentation both come under organic chemistry!!and according to my teacher they might ask some questions on these topics in paper 6 like conditions..

Reaction score

user said:
i think u should do that soon at least just know what topics need to be done cracking and fermentation both come under organic chemistry!!and according to my teacher they might ask some questions on these topics in paper 6 like conditions..

however , you can be able to score A* without answering a single past paper , Just by looking at all the 18 papers , and taking whats common between them , and that is the most probable to come in the Exam .. that is what I did for English , and Physics , in Physics I solved only 2 or 3 papers to be honest... However for the exam , it is not important how many papers you answer , it is how much you know inside the limits of the Exam , and what is more important How much knowledge do you own . But for maths , You need to answer as much Question Papers as possible , if it possible to EAT the book , the past papers , the exam and the invigilator , eat them!

Reaction score

are we supposed to know the flame colors
i have never saw them in the syllabus or a question about them in past papers

???????????????????????

Reaction score

AHMED -_- said:
are we supposed to know the flame colors
i have never saw them in the syllabus or a question about them in past papers

???????????????????????

Habeeby , if they are not in the syllabus , then ignore them :).

Reaction score

Dear Super XDE ( sheirf )
thanks for respond to my request and bring the list of testes and colours
flame colours is not to be leant expect to idnetify the type of flame ( pure,compund, mixed with elment ) so u need to know which elemnt is to be burnt giving wut flame colour only for paper 6 and thats confirmed...

Reaction score

flame colors can come in the exam.....e.g. when they ask what do you observe at the end of the experiment?? :shock:

Reaction score

Right. Thanks for the tests. :)

Umm, is flame tests included?

Reaction score

Btw man..for the test for protein KOH may be used instead of NaOH and then two drops of CuSO4 are added (same result obtained)
u could also include the emulsion or ethanol test for fats

btw it is a very kind thing of you 2 post this nd thnks alot :)

Reaction score

shaz said:
Right. Thanks for the tests. :)

Umm, is flame tests included?

Check your syllabus :)

Abdullatif Dablouk said:
Btw man..for the test for protein KOH may be used instead of NaOH and then two drops of CuSO4 are added (same result obtained)
u could also include the emulsion or ethanol test for fats

btw it is a very kind thing of you 2 post this nd thnks alot :)

Oh , i just copied from my book , Thanks for the advice , I will try adding it later because :mrgreen: I have to grind for tomorrow and after tomorrow now.

Reaction score

Thanks .. and i wish you all , all the best in this exams!

Reaction score

Zara AYK said:
Thanks .. and i wish you all , all the best in this exams!

Thanks Zara , if you need anything XtremePapers is your 3rd home ( School is the 2nd , Home is the 1st xD )

Reaction score

polo said:
so flame tests not worth learning

I will repeat it again , check your syllabus , if it is there then study it , if not then don't =.=

Reaction score

"all nitrates are insoluble" ????

how come this??? it should be all nitrates are soluble

Reaction score

yes truly right Larina has probably made a mistake

Reaction score

FLAME TESTS ARE NOT INCLUDED DDDDDDDDDDDD