• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
it was the minimum amount of moles needed to form a solution, wouldn't the one with the least be more effective?
yh but for arsenic we had to find out and arsenic is negatively charged unlike iron
the results shown were for iron only
for arsenic i think the trend was post to be opposite cuz it was oppositely charged

Reaction score
thank u for this lol. i am here sitting with physics notes in one hand but still cant get over losing those 1 1 marks
11?
oh i think i lost 6 lol
dw if u lost 11 many others would have done the same mistakes as well
the threshold will be down to 21 at least
n also goes as low as 18 at times

Reaction score
MY SUGGESTION TO EVERYONE HERE IS TO FORGET CHEMISTRY FOR NOW AND STICK TO PHYSICS P4.
IT"S NO USE CRYING OVER SPLIT MILK.
I ALSO HAD A HORRIBLE DAY TODAY, BUT IT'S LIFE GUYS.
IT IS WHAT IT IS.
*sigh* dude ive had a bad day too
n wuts worse is that i got bio tomorrow :cry:

Reaction score
The reason I choose KCL was that it required the least amount of moles as compare to others, like the concentrations were given so you could calculate the amount required and because it was talking about cation as well.
So in the question I recall kcl having lesser moles to make a PPT and alcl3 had the most required moles for the positive ion fe203
In the next part the asked for arsenic saying it's negatively charged and said which one will be more efficient . So if alcl3 needed the most moles for the positive ion to form a PPT hence it would need the least for negative ion hence I wrote alcl3 I related it to the I - and s2O8 - reaction we learnt in theory that says similar charge reactions are less feasible .

Reaction score
So in the question I recall kcl having lesser moles to make a PPT and alcl3 had the most required moles for the positive ion fe203
In the next part the asked for arsenic saying it's negatively charged and said which one will be more efficient . So if alcl3 needed the most moles for the positive ion to form a PPT hence it would need the least for negative ion hence I wrote alcl3 I related it to the I - and s2O8 - reaction we learnt in theory that says similar charge reactions are less feasible .
YESSSSS THAZ EXACTLY Y I CHOSE ALCL3.