• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Dynamic equilibrium:
A reversible reaction in which the rate of forward reaction is equal to the rate of backward reaction in a closed system, and there is no change in the concentration of reactants and products.

Reversible reaction:
A reaction that does not go to completion as the the reactants react to give products, which in turn react to form the inital reactants again.
Exactly what I wanted, Jazaka Allah Khairan!! Thanks aloot!!
May Allah S.W.T make the exam easy for you and all of us Aameen. May Allah S.W.T have mercy on you and your family.! Aameen.

Reaction score
Exactly what I wanted, Jazaka Allah Khairan!! Thanks aloot!!
May Allah S.W.T make the exam easy for you and all of us Aameen. May Allah S.W.T have mercy on you and your family.! Aameen.

Your Duaa made my day.
You're welcome :)

Reaction score
I want exact definitions of relative atomic, isotopic, molecular and formula
masses, based on the 12C scale the way is should be answered ASAP! Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I want exact definitions of relative atomic, isotopic, molecular and formula
masses, based on the 12C scale the way is should be answered ASAP! Thanks in advance
http://www.chemguide.co.uk/CIE/ exactly as the syllabus !

The relative atomic mass of an element is the weighted average of the masses of its isotopes on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative isotopic mass of an isotope is the mass of the isotope on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative molecular mass of a substance is the weighted average of the masses of the molecules on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative formula mass of a substance is the weighted average of the masses of the formula units on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell for paper 5 what construction lines are and how to construct them?
And can anyone solve M/J 08 Q2.(f) please. So I get an idea on how to solve questions like these.
Thank You! ☺

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell for paper 5 what construction lines are and how to construct them?
And can anyone solve M/J 08 Q2.(f) please. So I get an idea on how to solve questions like these.
Thank You! ☺
The red lines are construction line ( what i learned)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
http://www.chemguide.co.uk/CIE/ exactly as the syllabus !

The relative atomic mass of an element is the weighted average of the masses of its isotopes on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative isotopic mass of an isotope is the mass of the isotope on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative molecular mass of a substance is the weighted average of the masses of the molecules on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.

The relative formula mass of a substance is the weighted average of the masses of the formula units on a scale on which a carbon-12 atom has a mass of exactly 12 units.
Aah, thank you very much! :D

Reaction score
Can I get the link to the page or can any1 upload the organic chemistry reactions summarised in a single diagram
Here, I wrote this mnemonic down. you can decide which ones are in AS or A2...hopefully.
If you don't understand it, please let me know :)
I'll be happy to help.

Attachments

• DSC05134.JPG
    DSC05134.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Reaction score
hey everyone , please I have a doubt in p1 year 2002 MAY/JUNE , question 6 , I haven't got a clue how to solve it , can any one please help me out?

Reaction score
hey everyone , please I have a doubt in p1 year 2002 MAY/JUNE , question 6 , I haven't got a clue how to solve it , can any one please help me out?
alright see do uk the formula v1p1 = v2p2 ( we took that in IG physics)

before we connect the flasks we have 2(1) + 2(1) = v2p2 ( v2p2 are the values of the volume and pressure of gasses after connecting the flasks) when we connect the flasks the volume (v2) will be 1+2 =3

so 2(1)+2(1) = 3p2
p2 = 4/3 therefore the answer is A..did u get it ?

Reaction score
CAN YOU TELL ME REACTIONS OF GROUP II AND PERIOD III WITH HCL AND H2O AND THEIR PH AND OBSERVATION IT IS CONFUSING