• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if it involves onle one Fe3+ then y do we mutiply the conc wid 2....SO42- = weak base ...it doesnt affect the pH...isnt tht so?
I didnt really understand your question but from what i understand:
We multiply it by 2 as the conc of Fe2(SO4)3 is 0.1. The equation is given for just 1 mole, [Fe(H20)6]^+2 is the same as Fe^+3 (aq).
The acid dissociation constant will stay the same as a change in conc. Of the acid will also change the conc of the products. Thus we need not worry about Ka and just use the conc. Of the acid as 0.2

Generally speaking, t does affect the pH but only to a very small extent, that WE can term it negligible, For stronger acid, the change is greater which is why we say there is a change.

Again i didnt quite understand what was your question, so i just typed in what I assumed you were asking

Reaction score
Different variants have same kind of questions? :(
I solved all variant 11s now I came back to 12 ones and they all basically seem the same :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
June 13 P41, 1) c) ii)
mark scheme ays its forward (more product) because E is more than 0 (its positive)
but isnt that always the case ?? Even if both half cells is negative its going to be (-0.12)-(-0.67)= positive??
so why are there more products?

Reaction score
Any advice on how to study whole chemistry in 2 weeks? I have done Maths and Physics with past papers just left with chem. Any advice or links/pdfs/pics/notes would be really helpful.

Reaction score
June 13 P41, 1) c) ii)
mark scheme ays its forward (more product) because E is more than 0 (its positive)
but isnt that always the case ?? Even if both half cells is negative its going to be (-0.12)-(-0.67)= positive??
so why are there more products?
If E cell is positive then the reaction will be proceeding in forward direction. This means more products will be formed.