• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone pls explain what this question is asking?
View attachment 58909
It's asking the electronic structure.You need to complete the configuration.
You know that Fe has 26 electrons.And Fe 3+ would mean it has 3 electrons less which is going to be 23.
Argon has 18 electrons.You need to write your answer after that Argon one.
So it'll be like this:
Fe -> 4s2 3d6 (26 electrons,the 18 of argon plus the 8 to get the 26)
Fe3+ -> 3d5 ( see 3 less)

Reaction score
You are asked to write electronic structure for Fe and Fe3+. [Ar] means Electronic structure of argon, so u need to write electronic structure of Fe and Fe3+ after 3p6
It's asking the electronic structure.You need to complete the configuration.
You know that Fe has 26 electrons.And Fe 3+ would mean it has 3 electrons less which is going to be 23.
Argon has 18 electrons.You need to write your answer after that Argon one.
So it'll be like this:
Fe -> 4s2 3d6 (26 electrons,the 18 of argon plus the 8 to get the 26)
Fe3+ -> 3d5 ( see 3 less)

ohk thanks a lot :D

Reaction score
What are the standard conditions for enthalapy changes? (Especially presssure)

Can someone explain how exothermic is bond making and endothermic is bond breaking?

Reaction score
What are the standard conditions for enthalapy changes? (Especially presssure)

Can someone explain how exothermic is bond making and endothermic is bond breaking?
According to me, its just standared states that we need to keep in mind...
and pressure is I guess 1 atm = 101kpa

BEND FEXO! Remember this.

We are giving energy to break bond hence endo
When bond is formed heat is released so exo...

Reaction score
As an A2 student, should I study new additions to the AS syllabus? My friend has the new book and I'll photocopy it, so I don't know if i should photocopy the entire book or just the A2 bit

Reaction score
As an A2 student, should I study new additions to the AS syllabus? My friend has the new book and I'll photocopy it, so I don't know if i should photocopy the entire book or just the A2 bit
you need the AS part also as there are many questions from AS in paper 4, especially from organic chemistry

Reaction score
Just get the A2 bit (most which is repeated from the old book) - transition elements has additions in A2 chapter and infra-red spectroscopy from AS
There are not many other major changes needed for A2 so you don't need to get the whole book