• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey did you get it mate? I don't think I'm really good at elaborating something ?
Yeah kind of
I got it that NH2 is positive so the attacking group must be an nucleophile but then I don't understand how the CH3-CH2 will behave as a nucleophile :p

Reaction score
Yeah kind of
I got it that NH2 is positive so the attacking group must be an nucleophile but then I don't understand how the CH3-CH2 will behave as a nucleophile :p
Actually Carbon has 4 bonds but in CH3 it has 3. So it wants to get another bond

Reaction score
9093 English AS
Any tips on how to write a commentary?
Like the layout and perhaps a list of features and effects to look for?
Can anyone provide me with sample commentaries if you have done in school? (preferably with marks)

Also tips on paper 1 and paper 2 as well to get an A
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone have an online copy for the new 2016 second edition chemistry coursebook?
Or could anyone help me out with a scan copy of just a couple of the chapters from the A2 portion that I require please? :)
Regards

Reaction score
How to prepare for Chemistry Paper 5 from scratch?
I'm done with AS and A2 syllabus, because I've already given Paper 2 and Paper 4.
What more do I need to do in order to get good marks in Paper 5?

Reaction score
Can some one explain Q26 please! :D View attachment 57737
To form a diol, the carbon next to the alkene needs to have atleast one hydrogen attached to it. So A and D are wrong.
To form a ketone, you need a secondary alcohol i.e 1H and 2R groups attached to the carbon with the OH
To give a di-ketone, both the carbons with OH must be secondary alcohols
This is seen in C so it's C.