• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Its not like that. The peak of c is at 450 nm which means that it absorbs all of blue and gives out its complementary color, red and the same thing happens at peak of D, it absorbs all of rwd and gives out the complementary color which is blue.
Ohhh so do you look at the point where it touches the x axis (zero absorbance) for it's colour?

Reaction score
Someone told me chemistry AS syllabus changed. Will it effect these Oct/nov 2015 papers as well?
What are the new topics and which topics are removed? Plzz HELP!!!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Guys i am giving AS this O/N and what i see from past papers is that in recent years the examiner is giving stuff that rarely comes in our exams (e.g position/chain isomers... catalytic convertors and few organic reactions..)
please please please i will be really thankful if anyone could make a small (or maybe big or maybe a single thing) list of things that people usually forget/ miss after doing past papers as it rarely came any year. I am sure that can help everyone giving AS this o/n
thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Guys i am giving AS this O/N and what i see from past papers is that in recent years the examiner is giving stuff that rarely comes in our exams (e.g position/chain isomers... catalytic convertors and few organic reactions..)
please please please i will be really thankful if anyone could make a small (or maybe big or maybe a single thing) list of things that people usually forget/ miss after doing past papers as it rarely came any year. I am sure that can help everyone giving AS this o/n
All you need is a good grasp on the concept. That's it. :)
Still 2 days are there, practice as many things u can.... But remember u should know ur every concepts. :)

Reaction score

With so little time left, it makes more sense to focus on the main and common concepts rather than a list of "unexpected questions".

Such a "list" will never be accurate nor exhaustive; and would only add unnecessary stress instead.

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the two geometric isomers of 3-methyl-2-pentenoic acid (CH3CH2C(CH3)=CHCO2H)?
I am confused...............

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thnx............. :)
So we always start the numbering from the other functional group rather than the double bond? Ryt?
Yea,the substituent gets named first, next the double bond, then hydroxyl group ...
But we number the carbons so that hydroxyl group gets the lowest number possible