• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I did and I still don't understand it properly. :(
Well I'll be straight with you. That website, chemguide, is one of the best websites I've seen for chemistry. In fact, you can rely just on this one website for all your a level needs. However, it is true that students have different learning types. Some are visual learners, others need ppl to explain orally, etc.
I think it's difficult to explain whole concepts by typing here. You should go talk to your teacher. Go sit down with him and let him explain everything till you get it. Or perhaps a knowledgeable classmate. Or a senior student. Hope you learn it well :)

PS. If there is a specific paragraph from the link you didn't understand, just quote it and explain what you don't get, I'll try my best to elucidate.

Reaction score
Metanoia or anyone else, help me remembering As level inorganic stuffs, that are chapters, Periodicity, Group II and VII and sulfur and nitrogen...
Just temme what is importantand what is the trick to remember those stuffs. Thanks.

Reaction score
Metanoia or anyone else, help me remembering As level inorganic stuffs, that are chapters, Periodicity, Group II and VII and sulfur and nitrogen...
Just temme what is importantand what is the trick to remember those stuffs. Thanks.

Its not easy to say what is important or not.

Its best for you to look through the objectives listed for the respective chapters and make sure you understand the requirements.
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/128593-2015-syllabus.pdf

If any objective seems unfamiliar, its an indication you need to revise that particular concept.

Reaction score
PLZ someone help with part (II) (III) and (IV) PLZZ !!!
i may not be right but let me try
see if u add Na2SO4 on the left hand electrode, its going to dissociate this way
Na2SO4 _____ 2Na*+ + SO4*2-
the solution in the beaker are this way
fe2so4 = fe2+ +so4*2-
feso4 = fe*2 + so4*2-
an increase in conc of so42- will shift the equlibrium of both the ions towards the left so the conc. of fe2+ and fe3+ increases in the same way therefor no change in emf

however in the case of agso4, the solution is as follows
agso4= ag+ +so42-
increase in sulphate conc will shift the equilibrium towards the left decreaing the concentration of ag+ so the Eelectrode will decease decreasing the overall emf

Reaction score
Hi friends pls can anyone help me to understand how the Ksp is calculated here.....Oct 10 p41

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_222824_975.JPG
    IMG_20151002_222824_975.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Hello, can you please tell me if it's possible to finish paper 5 in a week? given that at the beginning of said week I never opened any paper and at the end of the same week is the actual exam i.e. 30 October - 5 November?

Reaction score
Thanks dear for your answer, but I was specifically needing help for no. 2, I don't know how to make [Pb2+] equal to [Cl-]. I hope you understand when the power is 1 for the concentration I can calculate it easily but I am having problem when there is a power greater than 1...........waiting for your response