• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Plz explain October november 2012 paper 53 q1ai.why will the pressure increase when by decreasing volume the no of gas molecule hitting the surface will decrease.?

Reaction score
Q3c take electrode potential equation from data booklet and simply balance the electrons on both sides and u will get the equation.for the oxidation state like for example Mno4- the oxidation state of Mn will be (X-8=-1)just change the sign of the value of X after calculating value of X.
Q4c bond breaking energy-bong making energy=total energy of reaction.
Cl-Cl and 3F-F bond will break to form 6 Cl-F bond as in one mole of ClF3 there are 3Cl-f bond.
3(158)+244-6Cl-F=-328.
Solve it and u will get the answer.
i cn solve the oxidation no.s but the balancing ok anyways
i tried solving but the answer is coming out wrong altho even the ms tells this procedure if possible write the steps

Reaction score
21 Including structural and stereoisomers, how many isomers are there of C2H2Br2?
A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5

9701/13/O/N/13
Can anyone explain me

Reaction score
There are definatly only 4 C=C in the aliphatic side chain, which is what the question implies it wants the answer to.... However if you include the C=C in the cyclohene ring then you get 5 C=C in the molecule. So I'd answer is 5 C=C
and now for cis the R1 and R2 comes on horizontal and not diagonal.
I didn't get it :( can you please try to make it more briefly ... and btw how did you know that we have 4C=C bonds in that thing aliphatic side and what do you mean by it ?! and why added omg ! .. :O

Reaction score