• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 6 - Important notes and repeated questions.

Reaction score
copper carbonate is green, copper sulfate is blue, copper chloride is blue, copper oxide is black and copper is red/brown (pink) ! :D oh and copper hydroxide is blue too as when u test it with Naoh it gives blue ppt

Reaction score
im so sorry...i feel like such a dumb ass....:p
i dun get it....till where should we extend?

Reaction score
guys can anyone please explain the term saturated ?
If you take this meaning for a liquid, it means it has reached the point where no more solute could be solved in the solvent (like no more sugar in a tea), then excess of the solute will form (like sugar particles)
But if you want to use it in organic chemistry, then saturated hydrocarbons (alkanes) are those hydrocarbons which have a single bond of carbon.

Reaction score
Paper 6 chem was like super easy, easy A*!!
thanks a lot for all the notes and tips man, VERY Useful!
THANKS!!!

Reaction score
How was the paper guys if you have given it
I think v1 was gr8 V.easy

Reaction score
It was Easy, the last question answer was :-
1. Place each Corrosion inhibitor in 3 test tube of equal amount.
2. Take 3 steel nails and place them in 3 water bowl.
3. Place each inhibitor in bowl.
5. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 days in presence of air.
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.