• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 1 mess up in riyadh center

Reaction score
I called up the UK office and apparently they don't deal with candidates. :(
Nonetheless, they said we should definitely talk to the officers at the examination centers we went to and if they think we've been hard done-by they'll definitely take action. He kept reassuring me that they will take all necessary steps to prevent candidates being disadvantaged with something that was out of their hands.
That's not fair. It's written in the S.O.E or notice to candidates that marks may be penalized for asking too much from invigilators or something like that. How can the student not feel cautious while asking the invigilators again and again??
well.....u had problem with data booklet.... here in dubai in one of the centres we were not allowed to use the calculators.... and damn tht also for abt half an hour.....we were supposed to start the paper at 8:30 am .... but due to conformation probs we strtd at 8:50 and thn no calculator , thn they allow us the calculator at abou 9:20-9:25 or so and finished our paper at 10......... it tensed us out as hell:mad:
:eek: calculators are allowed. What 're they doing??
I did variant 12, in Pakistan. But my advice, you people should submit joint inquiries to the British council. Be polite though. Don't give them extra reasons to penalize your marks. Don't just ignore it. It's the CIE ! The board exams! They charge us extra fees of about 4000 Rs. for making a little mistake in the registration forms. It's something to be pondered over. Maybe they'll add something up to the marks too! But don't get into trouble!

Reaction score
THE HECK WAS THAT -___________- seriously , i was so used to doing questions with the data booklet side by side and had to leave many questions and then PLUS in the end had to do the caluclations part ( those that involve the most time) in what say about 10 minutes ? -_- ... ABOVE ALL THESE REASONS , it was also the hardest mcq paper ever -.-
IT HAPPENED HERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
They did not provide me with the graph paper yesterday for maths paper..

Reaction score
well.....u had problem with data booklet.... here in dubai in one of the centres we were not allowed to use the calculators.... and damn tht also for abt half an hour.....we were supposed to start the paper at 8:30 am .... but due to conformation probs we strtd at 8:50 and thn no calculator , thn they allow us the calculator at abou 9:20-9:25 or so and finished our paper at 10......... it tensed us out as hell:mad:
ohhh saudha...lol...right i no today they give as a big shock of not allowing to use the calculator...it made me really tensed ...as it was not possible to carry out paper 1 witout calculator...:LOL:

Reaction score
That's bad, but not as damaging as what happened to us.
You don't actually need a graph paper to solve the questions, the questions don't require it as compulsory.
"Sketch the graph" - the question says (no mention of any specific kind of paper), If you didn't get it, i don't think you're losing anything ;)

Reaction score
yall shudve refused to do d paper widout d booklet cuz u need it nd jus wait until u get d booklet
Too risky, couldn't.
Plus when we asked about it 5 minutes after the start, they said it was coming. 10 minutes later, they said it was coming. 20 minutes later, they said it still was coming. 40 mins, it's still coming, paper over? Its still coming. .__. we got it 5 mins after finishing off.
At least 6 questions were highly dependent on the data booklet. 40 - 6,= 34/40 , there goes my A probability -_-

Reaction score
Too risky, couldn't.
Plus when we asked about it 5 minutes after the start, they said it was coming. 10 minutes later, they said it was coming. 20 minutes later, they said it still was coming. 40 mins, it's still coming, paper over? Its still coming. .__. we got it 5 mins after finishing off.
At least 6 questions were highly dependent on the data booklet. 40 - 6,= 34/40 , there goes my A probability -_-

yall shudve askd earlier before u began d exam .
every1 in my class wudve refused cuz we always workd wid da booklet.

Reaction score
aoa wr wb!
our invigilator told us that if you need one, let us know and we'll give you. So just an advice for future, if you do need a graph paper, u ask the invigilator...they don't give it off, but they do have it..and you can ask them for it.. ;)

Reaction score
No offence but the invigilators were probably smoking weed and thought they were back in the 1950s... What do they expect the candidates to do? study the data booklet like how they did it in the past like 50 yrs ago? o_O
The threshold is definitely going down like this since it was also a difficult paper....