• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 1 mess up in riyadh center

Reaction score
There was this thing that happened today , they didnt give the data booklet at the start . it was given at the end and they just provided a little extra time after the paper . I think british council should take this into consideration . as many of the questions involve seeing the data booklet .. not just which are said as 'use the data booklet' .. u need it for seeing bonds etc etc n all too ... many people left many questions and in the ended up having not enough time

Reaction score
THE HECK WAS THAT -___________- seriously , i was so used to doing questions with the data booklet side by side and had to leave many questions and then PLUS in the end had to do the caluclations part ( those that involve the most time) in what say about 10 minutes ? -_- ... ABOVE ALL THESE REASONS , it was also the hardest mcq paper ever -.-

Reaction score
exactly man, ok yea coz of not getting the booklet we cud do the few others perfectly which didnt need the data booklet but the one's which required the data booklet, the so called 15 extra mins weren't enuf!

Reaction score
15 minutes were not given entirely either -______- .. it was like 10 minutes lift then like 2 minutes left like da f*ck ?

Reaction score
not 10 mins it was like 5-7 mins only :/
and yea the questions needed more time to answer!!!

Jaf

Reaction score
I called up the UK office and apparently they don't deal with candidates. :(
Nonetheless, they said we should definitely talk to the officers at the examination centers we went to and if they think we've been hard done-by they'll definitely take action. He kept reassuring me that they will take all necessary steps to prevent candidates being disadvantaged with something that was out of their hands.

Reaction score
well.....u had problem with data booklet.... here in dubai in one of the centres we were not allowed to use the calculators.... and damn tht also for abt half an hour.....we were supposed to start the paper at 8:30 am .... but due to conformation probs we strtd at 8:50 and thn no calculator , thn they allow us the calculator at abou 9:20-9:25 or so and finished our paper at 10......... it tensed us out as hell:mad:

Reaction score
Saud u shud read what Jaf wrote, CIE office said they dont deal with the candidates, stupid ass CIE :mad:

Call up the Riyadh Brit council, instead of the UK one! Write joint complaints concerning this issue and make sure you mention how you WERE at a disadvantage.

Reaction score
There was this thing that happened today , they didnt give the data booklet at the start . it was given at the end and they just provided a little extra time after the paper . I think british council should take this into consideration . as many of the questions involve seeing the data booklet .. not just which are said as 'use the data booklet' .. u need it for seeing bonds etc etc n all too ... many people left many questions and in the ended up having not enough time

yea,i totally screwed my paper because i panicked when i didnt get that booklet:mad::/