• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY AS P33 PRACTICAL MAY 8 2014

Reaction score
for the enthalphy question, do you use Q = MC delta T for energy whats M ? mass of magnesium or the volume of solution ? i used the volume of solution ( 50 cm3) and whats ur enthalphy change?

Reaction score
Hey there! I wanted to ask that did we have to make a table for rough titration? Because i think it wasn't written there! Plus I didn't tick the titration value but did calculate my average instead! So my question is will I lose marks here? If yes, then how much?

Reaction score
for the enthalphy question, do you use Q = MC delta T for energy whats M ? mass of magnesium or the volume of solution ? i used the volume of solution ( 50 cm3) and whats ur enthalphy change?
yeah, we were supposed to take volume, i had the readings 400 and sth and 500 and sth...

Reaction score
what cation was in FA6? chromium or ammonium? i did chromium bcoz there was no change in the colour of red litmus :-/ but all my friends said that it was ammonium :-(

Reaction score
what cation was in FA6? chromium or ammonium? i did chromium bcoz there was no change in the colour of red litmus :-/ but all my friends said that it was ammonium :-(
they had already mentioned in the question that one of the three solutions contained ammonium ion which was in FA6 however they asked specifically for METAL cations in the second last part, so my results were..
FA4 --> Fe3+
FA5 --> Mn2+
FA6 --> Fe2+.

Reaction score
they had already mentioned in the question that one of the three solutions contained ammonium ion which was in FA6 however they asked specifically for METAL cations in the second last part, so my results were..
FA4 --> Fe3+
FA5 --> Mn2+
FA6 --> Fe2+.
same result

Reaction score
Luckily the exam was the same as my teacher taught but i messed up on salt analysis x_x. And also the calculations questions in the exam is harder than my teacher gave