• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY AS P33 PRACTICAL MAY 8 2014

Reaction score
Any one know about appratus or chemicals?
May be after 6 pm i will know which salt ions present in FB solution i will share it with u but do something to collect more hintb

Reaction score
My teacher said that there are 4 topics which are presented in 3 questions. Those are: rate of reaction, enthalpy change, salt analysis, and titration. She always told us in laboratory that "please be attention, because i've set these as similar as the exam". Yeah she just said just similar. But i don't know if it is the same or not.

Reaction score
My teacher said that there are 4 topics which are presented in 3 questions. Those are: rate of reaction, enthalpy change, salt analysis, and titration. She always told us in laboratory that "please be attention, because i've set these as similar as the exam". Yeah she just said just similar. But i don't know if it is the same or not.
are u sure these topics coming?

Reaction score
Yeah i am sure.. Because in laboratory, my teacher always taught us about those 4 things and she said it too.. But idon't know whether the solution used in my tutorial practical is the same as the solution used in real exam

Reaction score
Stop freaking out everyone..inashallah it will be good..don't rely on what the lab assistants say because my school is a centre..and our Sir and lab people keep telling us that the CIE people confuse tham too by putting in extra chemicals that might be of no use..just to put people off the track especially these latest years!! Good Luck!

Reaction score
How do I know whether I do paper 31/33/33? I hace muy exam tomorrow at 2:00pm and I am from spain

Reaction score
titration question is going to be that of thiosulphate with iodine using starch as indicator, heat question is going to be aeasy, add ammonium cholride in water and you ll have to calculate temperature drop.

Reaction score
how do u know?
titration question is going to be that of thiosulphate with iodine using starch as indicator, heat question is going to be aeasy, add ammonium cholride in water and you ll have to calculate temperature drop.

Reaction score
what I have been told is that for the titration, we will have to mix sulpheric acid and ammonia together and then titre KMnO4, the trick is that the colour change happens twice, once from colourless to green then from green to brown. I am 100% sure this is the practical 33.
for cations and anions, focus on carbonates, Iodide, Bromide, Chloride, Nitrate and Nitrite, Sulphate, Copper II, Lead II.
Anyone can upload a list of calculations that we can use?