• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
Sir, can you please tell me which good universities can I apply to for admission in humanities with majors like International relations and political science. I have average O level grades 5A's 3B's. I expect 2A 2B's in my A level. Please provide information about International universities which are not very expensive and do accept international srudents or good local universities. Thanks. :)

For international relations, I would prefer you to study at UK or USA, both of which are not unexpensive. I think I am afraid there are not proper universities in Pakistan offering International Relations. However, the University of London International Programme do offer these degrees, while students study in Pakistan.

Reaction score
Sir, can you please tell me which good universities can I apply to for admission in humanities with majors like International relations and political science. I have average O level grades 5A's 3B's. I expect 2A 2B's in my A level. Please provide information about International universities which are not very expensive and do accept international srudents or good local universities. Thanks. :)
try Germany it has mostly free undergrad education you will need to pay for living expenses but the tuition fee is either very low or free
another good option is the Uol International program do the LSE degree from there

Reaction score
try Germany it has mostly free undergrad education you will need to pay for living expenses but the tuition fee is either very low or free
another good option is the Uol International program do the LSE degree from there
Thank you, can you recommend me any german university? I'll be grateful.

Reaction score
Sir what do you think of NYUAD? Do you think it's a good university?
I'm interested in it due to the prospect of getting a scholarship.
NYUAD is one of the best universities. The only problem is that it has a very low admission rate. Usually those who get accepted into the Ivy League have a chance of getting accepted here (that's what I have heard)

Reaction score
NYUAD is a very good institution. However, admissions and scholarships are very competitive. And, places are limited.
Thank you.
Actually, I am interested in becoming a medical doctor. I have to learn medicine. What pathway would you suggest for me?
People have told me that in America you have to do Bachelor's degree first, then get into a medical university. Is it true that I can save 4 years by studying medicine directly after highschool elsewhere?
Also, medical schools are very expensive. Are there medical schools that provide full scholarships to exceptional students?

What my idea is right now, is that if I can manage to get admission in NYUAD, and do a degree in biology, I might be able to get into medical schools in USA because NYUAD is an American institution. Am I right in thinking this way?

I would like your opinion on best way of becoming a doctor :)

Thank you

Reaction score
Thank you.
Actually, I am interested in becoming a medical doctor. I have to learn medicine. What pathway would you suggest for me?
People have told me that in America you have to do Bachelor's degree first, then get into a medical university. Is it true that I can save 4 years by studying medicine directly after highschool elsewhere?
Also, medical schools are very expensive. Are there medical schools that provide full scholarships to exceptional students?

What my idea is right now, is that if I can manage to get admission in NYUAD, and do a degree in biology, I might be able to get into medical schools in USA because NYUAD is an American institution. Am I right in thinking this way?

I would like your opinion on best way of becoming a doctor :)

Thank you
a degree in biology and then going onto becoming a doctor .. what will most likely happen is that your courses that in the biology degree that overlap with the undergrad level for medical school will be exempted provided you have good grades - this is sometimes called the "graduate entry route" for an undergrad degree, but all in all it will be a waste of money since you could apply to medical school straightaway ... check the medical school entry requirements or email a few universities asking them about this just use an anonymous email if you want
see the links below ... just make it a habit to google everything you want to know.. that is how i got the two links below i googled "switching from biology to medical school"
http://www.drexel.edu/biology/academics/undergraduate/medicalSchool/
http://www.georgetowncollege.edu/bi...lanning-and-scheduling/pre-med-a-4-year-plan/

Reaction score
Thank you, can you recommend me any german university? I'll be grateful.
I guess there are a very few universities in Germany which provide courses for humanities in English, and I am not aware of any university offering International Relations in english.

Reaction score
Personally, I would not prefer both of these universities. What I would like you to understand is the fact that studying in a top university will give you higher returns and i would prefer you to apply to top universities like Imperial, King's etc rather than Aston, Greenwich, Westminster etc. You have outstanding results and you have the potential to study at these universities. The scholarships at UK universities are usually marketing gimmicks. Or else, I would suggest you to apply to USA or Canada, rather than in UK universities like Aston. Following are some good universities to look at: Imperial, King's College, Newcastle, Leeds, Nottingham, Lancaster, UCL, Birmingham, Manchester, to name a few. I know they are expensive, but they are highly recognised. Universities like Newcastle offer 1500 pounds scholarships and you can go through their programmes.
Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions.
Your opinion about NUST?
And just a thing a more Can a person directly do CA without doing ACCA & A-levels in Accounting?
For instance what if I study accounting but plans not to give A-levels in the subject and apply in a University through SAT.Would that be fine?

Reaction score
Hello Fahmeed
I have just completed my O Levels IGCSE and now i am confused between doing A/AS level or direct university. I have taken 8 subjects. sometimes i decide to do A/AS level but then getting good grades in it is so difficult. i am from pak but live in uae and one thing which profession is suitable for doing in uae.

Reaction score
Hello Fahmeed
I have just completed my O Levels IGCSE and now i am confused between doing A/AS level or direct university. I have taken 8 subjects. sometimes i decide to do A/AS level but then getting good grades in it is so difficult. i am from pak but live in uae and one thing which profession is suitable for doing in uae.
You should go for Alevels rather then direct admission in uni.Im saying this bcz this way you won't have trouble during uni otherwise there's no assurity if you'll be able to cope or not.

Reaction score
I just completed my alevels and will be getting my result in august . Could u guys suggest me some good universities in malaysia for mechatronics engineering

Reaction score
You should go for Alevels rather then direct admission in uni.Im saying this bcz this way you won't have trouble during uni otherwise there's no assurity if you'll be able to cope or not.
but one of my friend is doing uni and she is said it is so easy to do direct uni

Reaction score
but one of my friend is doing uni and she is said it is so easy to do direct uni
It depends on the type of course.
Eg if you wanna do medicine then it's better to study Alevels biology privately before going to uni
but in case of law and many other types of courses, it's possible to do cope up with the uni.
and btw what she's course she's doing?

Reaction score
It depends on the type of course.
Eg if you wanna do medicine then it's better to study Alevels biology privately before going to uni
but in case of law and many other types of courses, it's possible to do cope up with the uni.
and btw what she's course she's doing?
she is doing computer security and forences something like that