• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
what is the scope of mechatronics engineering in Pakistan and abroad?

In Pakistan, the situation looks bleak. However, in countries like India, US, Japan, China and European Union, especially Germany, there is a high demand.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I am interested in chemical engineering. Please can you give me more information about Chemical engineering in Canada or Australia.

It depends on various factors like your grades and financing. Could you give me more information whether will you be able to finance the study or you are targeting scholarships.

Reaction score
Hi :D
Currently, I m moving up to Y11 this year and going to take igcse exams in 2015. My end of year result is pretty good, i m ranked third place in the year group. (I do Maths, Biology, Chem, Phy, DT graphic, ICT, Mandarin, Business studies, Eng Lit and ESL) I did well in 3 sciences (but my weakest one is physics). I quite like DT graphic, but I m not quite good at it though. I m really happy+excited when i have accomplished a project or work in DT. But as i say, my end of year result for dt was just 74% :-(. I m not really sure what I m going to do in the future :(. I m thinking about doing medicine/being a dentist. (I m interested in human evolution, how human's body works etc.) But i also like designing product/packaging. My biggest concern is that i don't know what i do really like or what i m passionate about. What should i do?

Thanks ^^

Reaction score
It depends on various factors like your grades and financing. Could you give me more information whether will you be able to finance the study or you are targeting scholarships.
FAHMEED sir , I have studied science subjects all my life. i have zero knowledge of accounts economics and buisness studies . Now due to some family/financial reasons i decided to stay in karachi and do CA . I am aware CA is difficult and you have to put in effort day and night and i am eager to that and A levels with coaching has allowed me experience to tackle a very busy shedule. but the question is whether my lack of knowledge in commerce hinder my success in CA? to counter it will extra hardwork within the program suffice or no i have to manage accounts coaching aswell? sir i need to make a firm decision in few days :) your help would be most appreciated :)

Reaction score
FAHMEED sir , I have studied science subjects all my life. i have zero knowledge of accounts economics and buisness studies . Now due to some family/financial reasons i decided to stay in karachi and do CA . I am aware CA is difficult and you have to put in effort day and night and i am eager to that and A levels with coaching has allowed me experience to tackle a very busy shedule. but the question is whether my lack of knowledge in commerce hinder my success in CA? to counter it will extra hardwork within the program suffice or no i have to manage accounts coaching aswell? sir i need to make a firm decision in few days :) your help would be most appreciated :)
I have heard a few total science students heading there and they seem to be quite confident, how they in studies I cant say but business stuff is quite easy if you have worked your head off in science

Reaction score
What's the highest-earning career?

I want to be a business-man. But i'm too good at sciences and maths. And i only took Business subjects along with sciences, in O-Level recently.

What should i do? >.>

Reaction score

I don't think it will make a big difference. Scores of science students switch to Accountancy after Olevels/Alevels and they are able to adjust very well. The only issue is during the early periods you will have to focus very well as you will be competing with those who have a knowledge about Accounting. In a nutshell, it will be a very good journey and an amazing transition from Science to accountancy.

Reaction score
Hi :D
Currently, I m moving up to Y11 this year and going to take igcse exams in 2015. My end of year result is pretty good, i m ranked third place in the year group. (I do Maths, Biology, Chem, Phy, DT graphic, ICT, Mandarin, Business studies, Eng Lit and ESL) I did well in 3 sciences (but my weakest one is physics). I quite like DT graphic, but I m not quite good at it though. I m really happy+excited when i have accomplished a project or work in DT. But as i say, my end of year result for dt was just 74% :-(. I m not really sure what I m going to do in the future :(. I m thinking about doing medicine/being a dentist. (I m interested in human evolution, how human's body works etc.) But i also like designing product/packaging. My biggest concern is that i don't know what i do really like or what i m passionate about. What should i do?

Thanks ^^

Go for the field which you find interesting, which is your passion. All I can say is if you like medicine/human evolution then better grab the opportunity and go for it. You have an amazing career ahead of you.

Reaction score
What's the highest-earning career?

I want to be a business-man. But i'm too good at sciences and maths. And i only took Business subjects along with sciences, in O-Level recently.
What should i do? >.>

No career is high-earning. It all depends on your qualifications and luck. Business does not require you to have specific subjects. Anyone can do business However, a firm knowledge in business-related subjects like Accounting, Finance, Consultancy, Management, Marketing etc helps you a lot in every day business environment. It all depends on you whether you want to keep science subjects or business related ones. What I suggest is that if you really want to do business go for Commerce subjects and I am sure this will help you a lot. But keep in mind, if you want to do a manufacturing/engineering sort of business, then a basic knowledge of such processes like Injection Molding, Extrusion, Compression Molding etc will help you as well. So overall there is an opportunity cost and it is up to you what you want to do?

Reaction score
No career is high-earning. It all depends on your qualifications and luck. Business does not require you to have specific subjects. Anyone can do business However, a firm knowledge in business-related subjects like Accounting, Finance, Consultancy, Management, Marketing etc helps you a lot in every day business environment. It all depends on you whether you want to keep science subjects or business related ones. What I suggest is that if you really want to do business go for Commerce subjects and I am sure this will help you a lot. But keep in mind, if you want to do a manufacturing/engineering sort of business, then a basic knowledge of such processes like Injection Molding, Extrusion, Compression Molding etc will help you as well. So overall there is an opportunity cost and it is up to you what you want to do?

What if i take Sciences (excluding Biology), and Economics and Accounting in A-Level? Will Accounting really be helpful? Haven't studied it in O-level though.
I mean, don't people hire accountants for their businesses?

Reaction score
What if i take Sciences (excluding Biology), and Economics and Accounting in A-Level? Will Accounting really be helpful? Haven't studied it in O-level though.
I mean, don't people hire accountants for their businesses?

Accounting will give you an edge when you choose an accounting career. However, in many leading UK universities like LSE, Accounting is usually not considered for your conditional offer. I think a variety of subjects from both sciences and commerce will give you an advantage over other students overall.

Reaction score

CS/SE have a very good prospects in Pakistan. In fact, the development of Pakistan depends high on technology. We need tech-savvy students, entrepreneurs and developers and I believe there is a very big room for them to extract the maximum. I believe that having an interest/degree in this field will not give you high returns but would also lead to the growth of a developing country like Pakistan. Many IT firms from Pakistan have businesses round the world. And many multinational firms have outsourced their operations over here in Pakistan So, I believe that if you really have the passion to pierce into this field, it will help you a lot.

I would personally go for A levels if you want to have a career in IT. Institutions like NUST, GIK and even NED have excellent Software engineering departments, and there is a high competition to get in there.

OVERALL, THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT FOR PAKISTAN IN INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY. THE RECENT GOVERNMENT MEASURES TO PROVIDE 3G/4G LICENSES AND OTHER DEVELOPMENTS SHOW THAT THERE WILL BE FURTHER EXPANSION IN THIS FIELD IN THE NEXT DECADE.

Reaction score
Asssalam O alaikum.... I am going to do A levels in the three science subjects along with psychology and sociology . Can you tell me career line i can follow after doing them. I want a hve respectable acareer and learn alot in life . i persoanlly want to study businees studies but that would be too much i think all in A levels .
My dream is to work in the educational sector of Paksistan ,not as a teacher but I wan tto chnge the system , travel around the world see the education system of other countries , what makes them so successful and then help create a system for Pakistan. For that what career path do u think i should follow?
MY parensts support me but recently they haves tarted to tell me to go for Medical , become a Doctor , earn some respect and secure my own future first . BUt they are wiling to accept if i choose an alternative career but as long its safe and respectable.
Can you tell me what I should do ?

Reaction score
Si,r it wud be highly appreciable if u clear my following queries all the way !
* IT vs Engineering....... In terms of demand , Pay scale and scope here in PAKISTAN and abroad ?
* BS vs BE ... wats the prime difference as we are able to see things like BS ( software engineering ) etc...

Reaction score
I did my igcse this mayjune2014 I took physics,chem,computer studies,maths, English
I have no idea which career to choose and which degree.. I wanna do a criminologist or wanna do forensic sciences or psychology.. I can do well in engineering as well
but the main prob here is that forensic sciences and criminologist degrees are not available in pak and neither in UAE ( I live in UAE) and I might have chances to move to USA but chances not pretty sure !!
I wanna choose my as levels subjects now keeping my options open and which subjects to choose I've no idea.. but I'm Good in science related things soo a career in science I want not business related !!
the only way to keep my options open for career is to take bio Chem phy and maths four majors !! and I'm worried and scared that it wud be really tough :/ that's y I was also thinking to switch to highschool (american system) as I can have more options easily instead of British system