• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
I am interesting in Marketing but the fact to the matter is, would there be jobs available in marketing field by 2018? Also, I want to go abroad, so I'm ready to do extra interships just to gain work experience.

Marketing will last forever. Only potential marketers matter, and are you sure you can be one. Do u want to go abroad after Alevels or degree, SalmanPakRocks ?

Reaction score
Canada, Aus or US?

In Australia, there are up to 100% scholarships available at Melbourne, ANU and Wollongong. There are limited scholarships available at Monash, LaTrobe etc, but they are very low.

In Canada, Carleton offers decent scholarships up to 16000 CAD. York University offers a scholarship dedicated to Quaid-e-Azam for Pakistanis. McGill also offers but that one is very low. In the same way, there are other universities like Alberta, Concordia that offer limited scholarships.

In the UK, there are very golden opportunities available for Chartered Accountancy, with the following programs:
1. Newcastle University Flying Start Programme.
2. Reading University Flying Start Programme.
3. Nottingham University Flying Start Programme.

The afore-mentioned degrees are offered in collaboration with PwC, and I would recommend these i you want to pursue CA.

4. Lancaster EY Degree. This is offered by Ernst & Young, and is equally attractive.

As far US is concerned, each university offers various scholarships and financial aid, and you will have to search for each university.

There are some US universities in Qatar, and students study there on financial loan. Many Pakistanis from Pats, KGS, LGS, Lyceum etc go there to study to earn an American degree.

Reaction score
In Australia, there are up to 100% scholarships available at Melbourne, ANU and Wollongong. There are limited scholarships available at Monash, LaTrobe etc, but they are very low.

In Canada, Carleton offers decent scholarships up to 16000 CAD. York University offers a scholarship dedicated to Quaid-e-Azam for Pakistanis. McGill also offers but that one is very low. In the same way, there are other universities like Alberta, Concordia that offer limited scholarships.

In the UK, there are very golden opportunities available for Chartered Accountancy, with the following programs:

The afore-mentioned degrees are offered in collaboration with PwC, and I would recommend these i you want to pursue CA.

4. Lancaster EY Degree. This is offered by Ernst & Young, and is equally attractive.

As far US is concerned, each university offers various scholarships and financial aid, and you will have to search for each university.

There are some US universities in Qatar, and students study there on financial loan. Many Pakistanis from Pats, KGS, LGS, Lyceum etc go there to study to earn an American degree.
Thanks for the information, can you also suggest the requirements for these scholarships? I've 7 A's in O levels and 3 A's and 1 B in AS.

Reaction score

Only commerce? and are these offers valid for Masters degree :3

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, can you also suggest the requirements for these scholarships? I've 7 A's in O levels and 3 A's and 1 B in AS.
check out each uni profile as scholarships vary. Admissions in canada for this year have been closed. Universities in aus have their admissions open.. the scholarship criteris is very tough and you must aim for straight a stars as students from singapore, malaysia, india and srilanka are very competitive. For UK, find more about the degrees and if u wanna pursue u have an amazing career awaiting.

Reaction score
Only commerce? and are these offers valid for Masters degree :3
my son, admission for Masters depends on your Bachelor degree's result just like your admission in alevel depends on olevel resultts and not class 8 results.
Scholarships are general for allcourses. However the UK degrees are not scholarships but degrees with work placements for eighteen months at an annual salary of GBP 20000. So you earn while studying plus you qualify for chartered accountancy in about 5 years!!!! SalmanPakRocks

Reaction score
check out each uni profile as scholarships vary. Admissions in canada for this year have been closed. Universities in aus have their admissions open.. the scholarship criteris is very tough and you must aim for straight a stars as students from singapore, malaysia, india and srilanka are very competitive. For UK, find more about the degrees and if u wanna pursue u have an amazing career awaiting.

What is the average time limit for doing ACCA? I do have A levels accounting.

Reaction score
Why is that so?
Every other person studying Federal Board, Karachi Board and Punjab Board in Pakistan as well as in the Gulf is doing ACCA, and the overall rating is not as high as CA. Just a few more years' hardwork, and the payoff will be very high. ACCA has become synonymous with those who usually aren't able to get good grades back in their high school, and who have no other option other than this!:p:p:p

Reaction score
Every other person studying Federal Board, Karachi Board and Punjab Board in Pakistan as well as in the Gulf is doing ACCA, and the overall rating is not as high as CA. Just a few more years' hardwork, and the payoff will be very high. ACCA has become synonymous with those who usually aren't able to get good grades back in their high school, and who have no other option other than this!:p:p:p
So what is the alternative?

Reaction score
So what is the alternative?

Alternatives include ICAP, which is a very tough option and risky. What can be done is to study for a degree and then go for CMA, ICAEW, CIMA or CPA, to name a few. Another good option is doing ICMAP, which is for about four years and people are able to exercise good salaries and excellent career advancement. Please go through the last few pages as this topic has been discussed frequently.

Reaction score
Dear Sir, you are doing a great work and I hope that God will help you succeed. I am currently in AS Level and have Physics, Maths and chemistry as my ALevel subjects. I want to know which field is better for me? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Dear Sir, you are doing a great work and I hope that God will help you succeed. I am currently in AS Level and have Physics, Maths and chemistry as my ALevel subjects. I want to know which field is better for me? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for compliments. What are your interests?

Reaction score
Thanks for compliments. What are your interests?

I am interested in studying Engineering from abroad. My O level grades are 7A*s and 1A. My predicted grades would probably be 1 A* and 2As. I am interested in going to UK, Canada or Australia. What engineering options are suitable nowadays. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I am interested in studying Engineering from abroad. My O level grades are 7A*s and 1A. My predicted grades would probably be 1 A* and 2As. I am interested in going to UK, Canada or Australia. What engineering options are suitable nowadays. Thanks in advance.

Well. There are a lot of good universities in these countries. However, in UK the manufacturing sector is facing a decline and thus the demand for engineering courses is very low, and therefore many universities are now offering scholarships. Engineering is a popular course in Canada and Australia. I would recommend Petroleum or Industrial engineering as good options. Chemical engineering, Aeronautical engineering and Civil engineering are also good options. It depends on you as what are your career plans: living in Canada or your home country. And in that way, your preferences would be different..

Reaction score
Well. There are a lot of good universities in these countries. However, in UK the manufacturing sector is facing a decline and thus the demand for engineering courses is very low, and therefore many universities are now offering scholarships. Engineering is a popular course in Canada and Australia. I would recommend Petroleum or Industrial engineering as good options. Chemical engineering, Aeronautical engineering and Civil engineering are also good options. It depends on you as what are your career plans: living in Canada or your home country. And in that way, your preferences would be different..

Thanks for your reply. I am interested in chemical engineering. Please can you give me more information about Chemical engineering in Canada or Australia.