• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
Neurosurgeons are also highly paid. But I really don't understand why do we think only about money. We should keep in mind that even many orthopedic surgeons as well as other doctors are either unemployed or not earning a decent income. At first a degree and work experience counts which will decide your fate to a large extent.
what about engineering? what are the pros and cons of engineering? which fields of engineering have scope, and in how much time can u be qualified in it?
btw. about the MCAT, when do u give it? like when u are in uni, or in a levels?

Reaction score
what about engineering? what are the pros and cons of engineering? which fields of engineering have scope, and in how much time can u be qualified in it?
btw. about the MCAT, when do u give it? like when u are in uni, or in a levels?
Chemical engineering is prospering and it comes under industrail engineering that is also in high demand. .MCat is not required for undergraduate studies.Engineering requires 3-4 years for Bachelors course only.

Reaction score
Chemical engineering is prospering and it comes under industrail engineering that is also in high demand. .MCat is not required for undergraduate studies.Engineering requires 3-4 years for Bachelors course only.
thnx for the info

Reaction score
Hi. I need career counselling atm! I recently finished my AS-Level with Computing "A", Accounts "B" and Maths "C". Mind you that i'm not really good at maths. So far A-Levels is getting tougher this year but i can handle it and I am planning to study in Canada in God's will that i do! Though in the university i am trying to apply for i see no program that would suit my career, computing,maths and accounts. I am very talented at computing and it is my main subject. I also enjoy studying accounts but i have no feel for myself becoming an accountant or anything similar to it. I really do want to go for Computing program courses but most of which i want to go for mainly needs physics and chemistry which i didnt take. Is there any thing i can do? Are there programs which can be availible for me in the field of computers? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi. I need career counselling atm! I recently finished my AS-Level with Computing "A", Accounts "B" and Maths "C". Mind you that i'm not really good at maths. So far A-Levels is getting tougher this year but i can handle it and I am planning to study in Canada in God's will that i do! Though in the university i am trying to apply for i see no program that would suit my career, computing,maths and accounts. I am very talented at computing and it is my main subject. I also enjoy studying accounts but i have no feel for myself becoming an accountant or anything similar to it. I really do want to go for Computing program courses but most of which i want to go for mainly needs physics and chemistry which i didnt take. Is there any thing i can do? Are there programs which can be availible for me in the field of computers? Thanks!
As far as you have Maths, you can apply to various fields/courses. However, you won't enjoy privileges unlike those students with another science subject.

Reaction score
Can you please state what other privileges i can afford to get with my current stream? and what programmes too?
Thank you again for your assistance!

Reaction score
Can you please state what other privileges i can afford to get with my current stream? and what programmes too?
Thank you again for your assistance!
You can opt for Bachelor of Computing, or Accountancy, or Information and Technology, for example. However, your grades seem to be low, and you won't get admission in most of the unis. And your position looks in doldrums. What you can do is to try in a suitably good Canadian University, for fields related to Computing, which you can find on their websites. All you need is to have a proficiency in running through the numbers.

Reaction score
IS GIKI good option for chemical engineering. also for Masters in Information system what would be the best Bachelors for me as it has no pre-requisites as such

Reaction score
IS GIKI good option for chemical engineering. also for Masters in Information system what would be the best Bachelors for me as it has no pre-requisites as such

Yes, a degree from pieas or GIKI has a high demand. Choose a course that would reinforce your Masters degree. Do not choose a degree randomly, if you really want to pursue Masters.

Reaction score
How to get into Harvard, or Cambridge?
Do Pakistanis usually get accepted? What are the chances? And what should be done to get there?

Reaction score
Do Pakistanis usually get accepted? What are the chances? And what should be done to get there?
It's quite rare but yes only the extra-ordinary or perhaps you may call them the 'born geniuses' get there.
You need to have a strong academic record and an equally good extra curricular record. Then comes your SATs. You need to perform really good in them. Atleast 2150+ in both of them. Then a really strong personal statement indicating a strong desire to study there etc. Only aim for these universities if you're exceptionally well in studies and in other activities. They never enroll bookworms neither only those who have sports records.
There are many factors which are reviewed in your application. Pakistan wala system kahien bhi nahi.

Reaction score
It's quite rare but yes only the extra-ordinary or perhaps you may call them the 'born geniuses' get there.
You need to have a strong academic record and an equally good extra curricular record. Then comes your SATs. You need to perform really good in them. Atleast 2150+ in both of them. Then a really strong personal statement indicating a strong desire to study there etc. Only aim for these universities if you're exceptionally well in studies and in other activities. They never enroll bookworms neither only those who have sports records.
There are many factors which are reviewed in your application. Pakistan wala system kahien bhi nahi.

Agreed.

Reaction score
What careers can one pursue in Physics?
Except for Engineering.
There are many options available. Many physics students are working for SUPARCO, Armed Forces, KANUPP etc. Many Pakistanis are also working at organisations like NASA, CERN, to name a few. However, only the brightest ones are able to get a job in these organisations.

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm currently doing A levels and will get done with it this june inshaAllah! I'm confused about what I should study at university.
My options are
bs in accounting and finance
bs economics
bs economics and maths
I'm good at all three subjects but I can decide which one i should go for! I could really use some advice in terms of which degree is best career wise

Reaction score
Which kind of jobs I could get after doing "bs economics and maths".? A star
And bs economics and maths is also useful for Navy?
Career Opportunities:

Econometrician
Economist
Investment Advisor
Banker
Policy Analyst
Trade Policy consultant

Forget the reputation of economics degrees back home. It really means nothing when you are living abroad.

One suggestion is to couple your economics degree with a business (accounting, finance etc) degree. With a combination of majors, you will be looked at more favorably by employers and it also gives you a greater choice in the type of job you can do after graduating. For example if you are looking to become a stockbroker, and economics and finance double major comes in handy.

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm currently doing A levels and will get done with it this june inshaAllah! I'm confused about what I should study at university.
My options are
bs in accounting and finance
bs economics
bs economics and maths
I'm good at all three subjects but I can decide which one i should go for! I could really use some advice in terms of which degree is best career wise

All these degrees are nearly the same.
However, to get a better job prospect, you must top up your degree with some professional qualification like ICAEW, ICAS, CPA, CFA.
What are your interests?

Reaction score
Which kind of jobs I could get after doing "bs economics and maths".? A star
And bs economics and maths is also useful for Navy?
Career Opportunities:

Econometrician
Economist
Investment Advisor
Banker
Policy Analyst
Trade Policy consultant

Forget the reputation of economics degrees back home. It really means nothing when you are living abroad.

One suggestion is to couple your economics degree with a business (accounting, finance etc) degree. With a combination of majors, you will be looked at more favorably by employers and it also gives you a greater choice in the type of job you can do after graduating. For example if you are looking to become a stockbroker, and economics and finance double major comes in handy.

Agreed.

For navy, there are many opportunities available if you pass the ISSB test. In countries like UK or USA, Economists are highly valued.
In Pakistan, those who pass CSS are able to command high posts and salary.
An Economics degree from foreign or LUMS/IBA is also valued and economists are sought by stock Exchanges, Professional services' firms etc.