• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies PAPER 21

Reaction score
I wrote that option 1 was the right choice because KSS would keep all the sales revenue gained for itself without sharing it with any multinationals!

And about the pricing strategy question I chose price skimming because in paragraph 3 they mentioned that the football boot had new features that were not present in any of the competitors' products. Unfortunately, I could not refer to appendix 3, it was really hard for me to calculate whatever was needed so I just chose to make it fast because I literally had 15 minutes to write and think about the last question.

Anyhow. Which pricing strategy did you guys choose? :)
Price Skimming for the win.
I chose exactly like yours lol

Reaction score
Oh and which option did you guys choose and why? :)
I chose the same. Option 1 was my choice.

Brief reason:
$10m can be borrowed using a long term finance method. This can give the company some time to earn profit and pay their short term debts, while they're introducing their products worldwide.
I also Option 1 because if Option 2 was chosen, patents will be sold and competitors will be using the idea to make a better product than KSS which could be risky.
I wrote many other stuff, forget most of em :/

Reaction score
what calculations did u write in the labour and capital intensive Q and do uguys remembeberr the asnwer?

Reaction score
what calculations did u write in the labour and capital intensive Q and do uguys remembeberr the asnwer?
Unfortunately, I don't really remember the exact answer. The question was really tricky. However, I remember choosing the Capital intensive production method because its output was more *Ignoring the fact that the wages were high, but there were only 3 employees who were needed to operate those machines* And I didn't really calculate anything, I just refereed to the figures and tried to relate my answer to them.

What about you? Which method did you choose and why? And did you make any calculations? :)

Reaction score
Yeah, it was kinda easy compared to the previous exams, but also a little bit tricky though. Al7amdolelah.
Yeah true, it went smooth and the time was also enough, lets hope for the best, Inshallah --->A*s

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't really remember the exact answer. The question was really tricky. However, I remember choosing the Capital intensive production method because its output was more *Ignoring the fact that the wages were high, but there were only 3 employees who were needed to operate those machines* And I didn't really calculate anything, I just refereed to the figures and tried to relate my answer to them.

What about you? Which method did you choose and why? And did you make any calculations? :)

Well, I also chose Capital intesive for the same reason. However I calculated the Output per work per week and the Wage rates that KSS would need to pay per week in my answer. I remember the output per week for the Labour Intensive method was only 25 as there were 100 workers and total output was 2500. However for the Capital-Intensive method the output per worker was 1667 because there were 3 workers and total output was 5000, but I also mentioned that the machinery helped increase output on a vast majority and overall the Capital intesive method was better as it was less costly and wage rates were lower.

Do you remember what we were supposed to use Appendix 3 for? I used to calculate the mark-up in cost pricing. Did I need to use it in anything else?

Reactions: Z.S
Reaction score
Well, I also chose Capital intesive for the same reason. However I calculated the Output per work per week and the Wage rates that KSS would need to pay per week in my answer. I remember the output per week for the Labour Intensive method was only 25 as there were 100 workers and total output was 2500. However for the Capital-Intensive method the output per worker was 1667 because there were 3 workers and total output was 5000, but I also mentioned that the machinery helped increase output on a vast majority and overall the Capital intesive method was better as it was less costly and wage rates were lower.

Do you remember what we were supposed to use Appendix 3 for? I used to calculate the mark-up in cost pricing. Did I need to use it in anything else?
The output wasn't per worker was it???The question stated the total output?