• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Blunder in English

Reaction score
As, the title says, I have had made a blunder in My English Paper 1. The directed writing part where we had to write on the new foreign student, I misread the last two bullet points and so, I think gonna lose a lot of marks... Gonna share the mistakes, and do tell how many I can still be getting. :(

In the second bullet point where we had to tell about the activities in and out of school, I told that he was a shy student and responded only when asked and joined some socities. The activity out of school, I told that he participated in Drama Fest and my friends wrote about eating cultural food, etc.

In the third bullet point, I thought we had to write benefits gained by the FOREIGN STUDENT and the school while my friends have told that it was about the local students we had to write about... Though I did write about benefits gained by school...

Thanks for reading and do tell me how big the mistakes are and how many I can get. :oops:

Reaction score
I can't advise you on how many marks you'll get, but the Drama Fest seems okay. Something different.
You'll maybe lose some marks for the in school activities.
And I wrote only a few benefits regarding people.

Don't stress too much... I remember freaking because it was a magazine article hah.
And I myself wrote well over the limit- I'll lose marls.

Just pray to Allah, and hope for the best iA.

Reaction score
I can't advise you on how many marks you'll get, but the Drama Fest seems okay. Something different.
You'll maybe lose some marks for the in school activities.
And I wrote only a few benefits regarding people.

Don't stress too much... I remember freaking because it was a magazine article hah.
And I myself wrote well over the limit- I'll lose marls.

Just pray to Allah, and hope for the best iA.
Writing over the limit doesn't result in loss of marks! It's a wrong perception.

Reaction score
As, the title says, I have had made a blunder in My English Paper 1. The directed writing part where we had to write on the new foreign student, I misread the last two bullet points and so, I think gonna lose a lot of marks... Gonna share the mistakes, and do tell how many I can still be getting. :(

In the second bullet point where we had to tell about the activities in and out of school, I told that he was a shy student and responded only when asked and joined some socities. The activity out of school, I told that he participated in Drama Fest and my friends wrote about eating cultural food, etc.

In the third bullet point, I thought we had to write benefits gained by the FOREIGN STUDENT and the school while my friends have told that it was about the local students we had to write about... Though I did write about benefits gained by school...

Thanks for reading and do tell me how big the mistakes are and how many I can get. :oops:
Well. I can't say for sure but perhaps in between Band 2 and 3 for Task fulfillment. If you used good proper English with correct spellings and punctuation, you should be able to get good marks. Don't worry. Just pray to Allah. May we all get A*'s. Aameen! :)

Reaction score
mine went very well but i wrote 2 pages for the magazine article and my friends are saying it will result in loss of marks.. They say that magazine article is mostly of 1 page...!! The word limit was 300 i think i exceeded 50 or 60 words max..

Reaction score

If your grammar, and spellings are good then you can score around 20/30 or 22/30

Reaction score
mine went very well but i wrote 2 pages for the magazine article and my friends are saying it will result in loss of marks.. They say that magazine article is mostly of 1 page...!! The word limit was 300 i think i exceeded 50 or 60 words max..
Like I said, its NO issue. I, myself wrote about 1 page and 3 quarters for both the sections.

Reaction score

Quality matters, not the quantity. The examiner is interested in your expressions,register,vocabulary,content, etc. Word limit is merely specified for time management.

Reaction score
In the third bullet point we had to write about the benefits gained by foreign student and school, it did not specify school students. You wrote it correct and its not you who misinterpret it but your friends so relax and hope for the best.

Reaction score
In the third bullet point we had to write about the benefits gained by foreign student and school, it did not specify school students. You wrote it correct and its not you who misinterpret it but your friends so relax and hope for the best.

Oh Good good dudiee

Reaction score
i did 2nd part in sec B but i think i did something fishy. what was the main focus of 2nd part "Pupils should give up some time for local community"?
Exactly what was the main idea of this thing?

Reaction score
i forgot 2 write da title for the directed writing!!! i alwayz do dat!!!!!! ugh!!! ok so how much do u think they wud cut for that

Reaction score
i forgot 2 write da title for the directed writing!!! i alwayz do dat!!!!!! ugh!!! ok so how much do u think they wud cut for that
1 mark for the title.. still if your idea was clear with less grammar mistakes you can still score 25

Reaction score
i did 2nd part in sec B but i think i did something fishy. what was the main focus of 2nd part "Pupils should give up some time for local community"?
Exactly what was the main idea of this thing?
How students (especially school students) should contribute to the community, for example: they could set examples for adults by cleaning up the area, they should spread awareness about global warming and its hazards, they could spread awareness about how to maintain and use the community's resources, etc.

Reaction score
There are marks for format; I can't exactly tell you how much, but it is important to mention the heading and 'written by'.