• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P33 8 Nov

Reaction score
I wrote about the vascular bundles like in K1 they were in the centre and the xylem was start shaped. I wrote about the absence of pith and cambium in K1. and then the thickness of cortex. and also that there were more vascular bundles present in fig 2.4 than K1
star shaped**

Reaction score
I wrote about the vascular bundles like in K1 they were in the centre and the xylem was start shaped. I wrote about the absence of pith and cambium in K1. and then the thickness of cortex. and also that there were more vascular bundles present in fig 2.4 than K1

in latest markschemes, for comparisons, they require one similarity too...
So for that, i wrote both are round in shape...

i wrote about the number of vascular bundles too... and the position.

Reaction score
Idolfantic95, you can't say that pith is not present. What I did is say that the pith in K1 is smaller than the pith is Fig 2.4

Reaction score
My answer was less detailed than yours so I wrote about the thickness of the cortex in K1, the narrower lumen of the vascular bundle in K1 (which is probably wrong because I have no idea whether 'lumen' is the right word choice) and I wrote about thinner epidermis in fig 2.4 i think.

Reaction score

Yes but they asked for 'observable DIFFERENCES'. If they had asked to compare & contrast, perhaps then similarities would have given marks? :S

Reaction score
The usage of lumen is right in TCHS's case. It refers to the hollow space in the vessel. However, you cannot fairly compare as their magnifications could be different. We have no information about that, so there's no way we can be sure.

Reaction score
My answer was less detailed than yours so I wrote about the thickness of the cortex in K1, the narrower lumen of the vascular bundle in K1 (which is probably wrong because I have no idea whether 'lumen' is the right word choice) and I wrote about thinner epidermis in fig 2.4 i think.
Im not sure about the lumen thing :D

Reaction score

They asked for differences. If they jus written compare, then Atleast one similarity was MUST.

Reaction score
hmm, and what did you write for the question after that?
The one about the enzyme and different temperatures?

Reaction score
How could you modify the experiment to find out the activity of enzymes at different temperatures?
Oh yeah. Keeping all the other variables constant, we cud vary the temperature. Put up like 4-5 test tubes each with the enzyme solution and benedicts reagent and heat them. Calculate the time taken of the appearance of color change and plot a graph against the respective temp

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Keeping all the other variables constant, we cud vary the temperature. Put up like 4-5 test tubes each with the enzyme solution and benedicts reagent and heat them. Calculate the time taken of the appearance of color change and plot a graph against the respective temp
hmmm, i wrote that too (y) , mine was a bit more detailed though.