• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P33 8 Nov

Reaction score
The concentrations u made wud have been there if they had asked us to half the already made concentrations. This was not a serial dilution.
sorry i ws talking abt concentration..... i made 0.4 ,0.2,0.1,0.05 ...how many marks i ll loose?

Reaction score
I made these concentrations since they wanted a difference of 0.1% between each successful conc. Will these be accepted because I feel they may be wrong?

0.4%, 0.32%, 0.26, 0.16 & 0.06
I dont think so, because the difference in concentration is not 0.1%

Reaction score
I dont think so, because the difference in concentration is not 0.1%
the differences are 0.12% which when rounded is 0.1%. Then the next difference is 0.06% which when rounded is also 0.1%. Then finally the difference is 0.1%.

Will they still cut marks?

Reaction score
sorry i ws talking abt concentration..... i made 0.4 ,0.2,0.1,0.05 ...how many marks i ll loose?
Well im not sure but yeah more than 5 atleast since there were 2 tables where u had to put in these concentrations and for the last ques u were talking abt, the part whr u drew diagrams instead of writing down differences, u'll lose 2 or 3

Reaction score
Well im not sure but yeah more than 5 atleast since there were 2 tables where u had to put in these concentrations and for the last ques u were talking abt, the part whr u drew diagrams instead of writing down differences, u'll lose 2 or 3
how many tables u made n wht were exact headings ??

Reaction score
Me n my frnd wrote 0.5% cuz it took the least time for a color change to appear :O
Oh, I asked my teacher about it & she said that the examiners fooled us in that question. She said they were told to prepare the seeds in such a way that the outer coating was of glucose, therefore the actual answer was 0.4% which is the initial concentration. She said perhaps they'll accept answers close to 0.4%

Reaction score
Oh, I asked my teacher about it & she said that the examiners fooled us in that question. She said they were told to prepare the seeds in such a way that the outer coating was of glucose, therefore the actual answer was 0.4% which is the initial concentration. She said perhaps they'll accept answers close to 0.4%
so 0.3 or 0.5% wud be accepted? Well i hope so

Reaction score
how many tables u made n wht were exact headings ??
We had to make 2 tables...
First one: Test tube number, Volume of distilled water, Volume of 0.4% reducing sugar, Concentration made. With units ofcourse.
Second one: Concentration of sample, time taken for initial colour change, color change, Conclusions

Reaction score
i got 0.3%, so did my teacher...

Reaction score
We had to make 2 tables...
First one: Test tube number, Volume of distilled water, Volume of 0.4% reducing sugar, Concentration made. With units ofcourse.
Second one: Concentration of sample, time taken for initial colour change, color change, Conclusions
i also made two tables ...in 1st one i wrpte vol of R , volume os water n percentage and in second %age of R ,observation,time taken an amount of sugar....

Reaction score
1) Concentrations are supposed to be reduced by 0.1%, so if anything is rounded to that, I don't think it's fair to deduct more than 1 mark. Also, last time I checked, ecf was applicable, do there's no way you could lose too many marks
2) It's literally impossible for every single students to get identical seeds. So we're definitely going to get different very different answers estimating the concentration of reducing sugars. Mine, for example, was around 0.44%, other students in my class got between 0.2% to 0.5%. I think anything within that range is acceptable.

Reaction score
what did you write?? I was a bit confused :s
I wrote about the vascular bundles like in K1 they were in the centre and the xylem was start shaped. I wrote about the absence of pith and cambium in K1. and then the thickness of cortex. and also that there were more vascular bundles present in fig 2.4 than K1