• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Its H2O for oxygen with the ratio of hydrogen to oxygen is 2:1.
So Hydrogen is 20, then oxygen evolved will be half of it acc to the ratio.
20/2 is 10cm3. :) Hope that helped a lil x

Reaction score
i came across with this question in my mock...
and i wrote
1. much less resistance would produce after going through the resistor.
2. the components and wire may get damage or melt...
but i dont know the logic behind it.... fortunately i wrote whatever was in my mind at that time
and it was correct. ;)
1 is wrong and 2 is wrong on the premise of its sequential order
For 1 the nasweris the resistor blowing or gradually blowing
for this th e concept of power rating need to be uunderstood,essentially it,s define as the max power tht a resistor can safely dissipate,low power ratin means tht since the coltage across is same(R is same as it does NOT change) the Current wud be too large for much below par wattage rating and hence the Resistor wud blow up.For the 2nd the large power rating i assume would correspond for gr8er cost,MS says larger size but oh well u got the gist right,for further review simply type resistor Power rating and u will finnd useful resources.Pardon my spelling errors,Bad light u know,Load shedding!

Reaction score
1 is wrong and 2 is wrong on the premise of its sequential order
For 1 the nasweris the resistor blowing or gradually blowing
for this th e concept of power rating need to be uunderstood,essentially it,s define as the max power tht a resistor can safely dissipate,low power ratin means tht since the coltage across is same(R is same as it does NOT change) the Current wud be too large for much below par wattage rating and hence the Resistor wud blow up.For the 2nd the large power rating i assume would correspond for gr8er cost,MS says larger size but oh well u got the gist right,for further review simply type resistor Power rating and u will finnd useful resources.Pardon my spelling errors,Bad light u know,Load shedding!
But for a lower power rating, the current will decrease.
For example voltage is 6 V, and p.r is 0.25 oh,
Current = 0.041666

Now p.r has decreased to say 0.15
Current = 0.15/6
Cuurent = 0.025

Reaction score
But for a lower power rating, the current will decrease.
For example voltage is 6 V, and p.r is 0.25 oh,
Current = 0.041666

Now p.r has decreased to say 0.15
Current = 0.15/6
Cuurent = 0.025
No thts not wht power rating implies for resistor,Thts the whole point dude.Resistance has already decided the current in resistor

Reaction score
Reaction score
The power rating of a resistor indicates how much power a resistor can handle before it becomes too hot and burns up. Power is measured in units called watts. The more watts a resistor can handle, the larger and more expensive the resistor is. Thus if we were to reduce p.r, then it would become hot more quickly and the fuse will blow up

Thank you so much, got it. :)

Reaction score
This is the last day.Guys if you have any tips for BIO ATP please share
funky brat Awesome12 ***amd*** Dark Destination
robinhoodmustafa Can any of your A* holders and xpc users before this batch help?
:p bio atp is very much simple and straight forward.

HEyy guys i had some really good help from my teacher today.
first of all the chapters that are most likely to come are nutrition and transport in plants, nutrition in animals, nutrition, ecology/ecosystem, germination, genetics, micro-organisms, coordination and response (with locomotion and all).
other than that what i reccomend is that u go through all the INVERSTIGATIONS in the book and answer the observation questions. if u can't take help from someone... i did. those investigations cover prety much all of it. also go through the investifgations from the mary jones book. it has them in a bit better detail. and leaves little to be asked.
magnification is important. take care of when to include the multiplication factor and REMEMBER THER FORMULA.
Labelling is important especially for bones (humerus, scapula, radius and ulna), mucles (biceps and triceps), reflex action, germination (seed labelling of embryo, mesocarp, pericarp, epicarp, cotyledon, radicle, plumule, testa), skin, look at the other diagrams if u find somethin important.

exam tips are that
- first of all do all questions except graphs. leave graph for the end bcuz it takes time.
- determine from which topic the question has come.
-in graph questions determine which value should come on x axis and which one on y axis. (the linearly changing or known value comes on x axis mostly time and and unknown or chenging not on regular intervals comes on y axis). label axis (time; distance; etc) and also give units on the axes (/hours; /metres; etc.) draw best fit curve/straight line (as appropriate).
-what can be done to make the experiment more reliable:-
* repeat experiment to take average for accurate results
* take measurement at equal time intervals
* take the same amount of sample for each experiment
* keep other environmental factors constant
- designing experiment -- > these experiments mostly come from book so its better to get an understanding of the working of the experiments in the book.
- when boiling water mostly it is for removing O2. for example in the experimnet to test for the presense of stomata the water is first heated so as to remove the dissolved O2 from water. thus the bubbles when seen are only from the gaseous excchange through stomata.
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2
- hydrogen bicarbonate indicator turns red in neutral; yellow in acidic and purple in alkaline solutions. so when CO2 is present in water the indicator turns yellow (carbonis acid)
- leaf is put in ethanol to remove chlorophyll (this makes the ethanol green and the leaf white)
- after heating with ethanol (in a water bath) a leaf is put in distilled water before testing to remove ethanol traces from it.

(Source:https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/tips-for-bio-atp-p.15250/)

and refer this thread.. you might find notes and tips
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/biology-paper-6-atp.12161/

funky brat Awesome12

Reaction score

first of all the chapters that are most likely to come are nutrition and transport in plants, nutrition in animals, nutrition, ecology/ecosystem, germination, genetics, micro-organisms, coordination and response (with locomotion and all).
other than that what i reccomend is that u go through all the INVERSTIGATIONS in the book and answer the observation questions. if u can't take help from someone... i did. those investigations cover prety much all of it. also go through the investifgations from the mary jones book. it has them in a bit better detail. and leaves little to be asked.
magnification is important. take care of when to include the multiplication factor and REMEMBER THER FORMULA.
Labelling is important especially for bones (humerus, scapula, radius and ulna), mucles (biceps and triceps), reflex action, germination (seed labelling of embryo, mesocarp, pericarp, epicarp, cotyledon, radicle, plumule, testa), skin, look at the other diagrams if u find somethin important.

exam tips are that
- first of all do all questions except graphs. leave graph for the end bcuz it takes time.
-in graph questions determine which value should come on x axis and which one on y axis. (the linearly changing or known value comes on x axis mostly time and and unknown or chenging not on regular intervals comes on y axis). label axis (time; distance; etc) and also give units on the axes (/hours; /metres; etc.) draw best fit curve/straight line (as appropriate).
- designing experiment -- > these experiments mostly come from book so its better to get an understanding of the working of the experiments in the book.
- when boiling water mostly it is for removing O2. for example in the experimnet to test for the presense of stomata the water is first heated so as to remove the dissolved O2 from water. thus the bubbles when seen are only from the gaseous excchange through stomata.
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2
- hydrogen bicarbonate indicator turns red in neutral; yellow in acidic and purple in alkaline solutions. so when CO2 is present in water the indicator turns yellow (carbonis acid)
- leaf is put in ethanol to remove chlorophyll (this makes the ethanol green and the leaf white)
- after heating with ethanol (in a water bath) a leaf is put in distilled water before testing to remove ethanol traces from it.

(Source:https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/tips-for-bio-atp-p.15250/)

funky brat Awesome12

What kind of question comes for ecology/ecosystem?I havent seen one yet:confused:

Reaction score
Guys if a solution is isotonic i.e in potato strips no change is observed in length so does this show that percentage of water in both is same i.e both contain 70% water.Or something else?

Reaction score
Guys if a solution is isotonic i.e in potato strips no change is observed in length so does this show that percentage of water in both is same i.e both contain 70% water.Or something else?

Yep isotonic basically means that the osmotic potential is same in both solutions. So it means that water potential;l has to be same as there's no change in length. There is no net movement of water molecules into or out of the plant cell or whatever it is.

Reaction score

exam tips are that
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2

funky brat Awesome12
Thanks a lot. :D

Reaction score
Yep isotonic basically means that the osmotic potential is same in both solutions. So it means that water potential;l has to be same as there's no change in length. There is no net movement of water molecules into or out of the plant cell or whatever it is.
So the percentage of water in both is the same right

Reaction score
So the percentage of water in both is the same right
Yep you're absolutely right. Isotonic solutions are those which have equal concentrations of water or solvent on both sides. Therefore no change in length occurs. Thus the percentage of water in both is same.

Reaction score
There was this experiment which i dont remember but they were asking why dont we add water before the ethanol emulsion a.k.a the fat test? Or something like that? Anyone?