• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
s.PNG

How is the answer B?Shouldn't it be D?
V/R=I
6/3=2
2/2(equal resistance by the resistors)=1 A in the ammeter

:/

Reaction score
View attachment 34835

V/R=I
6/3=2

You're not looking at the placement of the Ammeter.
The question is not asking the Total current flowing through the circuit, which is definitely 1.0 Ampere.
It's asking the current flowing through the 6 Ohm resister, in Parallel, which is 0.5 Ampere, since the current will be divided into two equal parts.

Reaction score
View attachment 34835

V/R=I
6/3=2

well like lioxmessi said ur concept is wrong
u have to find the total net resistance in the circuit
resistance across the resistors in parrallel

1/R3= 1/R1 + 1/R2

1/R3= 1/6 +1/6

1/R3=1/3

R3 = 3 ohm

total resistance in circuit= R3 + 3 ohm
= 3+3
=6

(i have used R3 to represent the total resistance of resistors connected in parrallel)

V=IR
It = 6/6
It= 1 A

since current divides when resistors are put in parrallel, the current in the ammeter will be

1/2

=0.5

Reaction score
Anyone please help me with this. See question 3 (b) part 2. The statement says that the flowers belong to the same plant (monoecious plant), and the flowers no matter they are hermaphrodites or unisexual if they are pollinated from the anthers of the same plant then it's self- pollination; that is no genetic differences are involved. However the MS says that this flower is cross pollinated.:confused:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s11_ms_62.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s11_qp_62.pdf

Reaction score
Anyone please help me with this. See question 3 (b) part 2. The statement says that the flowers belong to the same plant (monoecious plant), and the flowers no matter they are hermaphrodites or unisexual if they are pollinated from the anthers of the same plant then it's self- pollination; that is no genetic differences are involved. However the MS says that this flower is cross pollinated.:confused:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s11_ms_62.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s11_qp_62.pdf
PM-ed you the concept with a detailed explanation.

Reaction score
Extraction of Aluminium: i find different things about this.. can anyonne here xplain me how is it done ? detailed!

Reaction score
Extraction of Aluminium: i find different things about this.. can anyonne here xplain me how is it done ? detailed!
Bauxite(al203) is purified into alumina by dissolving it in NaOH and precipitating Aluminium Hydroxide.It has a very high melting point(2800 C),and thus electrolyzing the salt would take up a lot of energy.Hence an impurity,molten cryolite Na3AlF6,is added to lower the mp to around 800 C.It is then electrolyzed in the cell and aluminium collects at the cathode and falls to the bottom of the cell,while O2 collects at anode and forms CO2 by burning the graphite(carbon) anode.Pure aluminium is siphoned off.

Thats all to it basically,any questions?

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me which is the best book for Chemistry? The one which covers all the topics in detail and whole syllabus contents are there. And also which one is better, Federal Chemistry or the Chemistry Insights (the one for GCSE, I guess)?

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me which is the best book for Chemistry? The one which covers all the topics in detail and whole syllabus contents are there. And also which one is better, Federal Chemistry or the Chemistry Insights (the one for GCSE, I guess)?

Federal Chemistry is better, covers most of the topics.
Many topics are missing from Chemistry Insights, like the manufacture of Sulphuric Acid by the Contact Process and the chapter about ''Water''.. and also about Natural Polymers in Organic Chemistry.

Reaction score
Federal Chemistry is better, covers most of the topics.
Many topics are missing from Chemistry Insights, like the manufacture of Sulphuric Acid by the Contact Process and the chapter about ''Water''.. and also about Natural Polymers in Organic Chemistry.
Alright. But I've heard that Insights is quite detailed so would that help in anyway in getting an A*?