• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u shud do both
while studying the sub do topical
when u have completely a sub do unsolved past papers
btw. avoid redspot answers and try ur best to write ur answers based on the marking scheme. redspot contains irrelevant, vague, and false answers
so like i said stick to the marking scheme
if not redspot? then which ones?

Reaction score
Thankyou :)
I wanted to know that vegetativ production n artificial propagation should b done or no?
Furthermore, do we have to just understnd d differences between insect n wind pollinated flower or hav to do the structure and everything of named xample of dese?

Reaction score
Thankyou :)
I wanted to know that vegetativ production n artificial propagation should b done or no?
Furthermore, do we have to just understnd d differences between insect n wind pollinated flower or hav to do the structure and everything of named xample of dese?
yes u shud
yes that is crucial like what sturcture is present and its advantage to the plant, i dont think u need named examples btw

Reaction score
yes u shud
yes that is crucial like what sturcture is present and its advantage to the plant, i dont think u need named examples btw
wot i meant is...in my book Clitoria is named for the insect polinatd flowr and ichaemum for wind-pollinated one.. and their structures r also defined. -_- so imma bit cnfuse since its not in syllbs

Reaction score
wot i meant is...in my book Clitoria is named for the insect polinatd flowr and ichaemum for wind-pollinated one.. and their structures r also defined. -_- so imma bit cnfuse since its not in syllbs
Yeah ,there's a lot of unnecessary knowledge,like Corolla,Clitoria,Calyx and other fancy names,but you dont have to learn them.Just know that how pollination is brought about,e.g rubbing on anther,then pollen rubbing off on stigma etc.We have to give general answers not refer to specific parts of specific types of plants.And about propagation you need to know only one method,according my Bio sir,and in book i guess there are four so you have some choice.

Reaction score
nor is vegetativ reproductn and artificial prpogagtion included

Both of them are present in the syllabus but are rarely tested in the exams, they are mostly examined in the November session. But for the flowers (which can also be tested in the June session) you must study both of them as they ask you questions like, ''Describe the main features of a NAMED insect/wind pollinated flower and how pollination occurs (considering the flowers)''.

Reaction score
Both of them are present in the syllabus but are rarely tested in the exams, they are mostly examined in the November session. But for the flowers (which can also be tested in the June session) you must study both of them as they ask you questions like, Describing the main features of a NAMED insect/wind pollinated flower and how pollination occurs.
oooooo i see :D
okaye then... wot strategy is in May/June.. is it very dif from Nov-oCt?

Reaction score
Storage organs (tuber,rhizome,Bulb,Corm)?? what is dis :O :mad:
Some plants like potatoes have underground 'reserves' filled with starch,called tubers.If the plant above ground is damaged or even cut off,the tubers use the reserve food to make a new plant,which is genetically identical to the previous plant.

Reaction score
Some plants like potatoes have underground 'reserves' filled with starch,called tubers.If the plant above ground is damaged or even cut off,the tubers use the reserve food to make a new plant,which is genetically identical to the previous plant.
but y cnt i find dis in syllbs ? each n every thing is writen seprtly but not dis :(
Mine is GCE!

Reaction score
but y cnt i find dis in syllbs ? each n every thing is writen seprtly but not dis :(
Mine is GCE!
It is questioned in past papers, e.g in the Oct/Nov 2004 ATP Q1,you can find that the question is related to tubers.Try looking hard enough in the Syllabus ;)

Reaction score
Mine is GCE!
remember that the syllabus changes as well, that now it is going to change again in 2014 or 2015
likewise, it changed during 2009