• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Mostly in paper one, the question is about the limit of proportionality of a spring. According to Hooke's law, force = k* extension, where k is constant, so that with an increase in force, the extension of the spring should be the same. E-g lets say we add a weight of 2N to a spring, and its length increases by 2cm. Now for the next 2 N, the length should again increase only by 2cm. That is we have a constant increase.

But the limit of proportionality is when the spring stops obeying hooke's law, and its extensions starts increasing non uniformly, like 4 cm for the same 2N weight. When this happens, the spring is permanently deformed, and the total weight at which this happened is the limit of proportionality of the spring.
but what would happen if 2 N force is applied to two parrallel springs ???

tdk

Reaction score
Why not C? Extraction of Al requires a lot of energy. That's why Al is more expensive than Fe.
On the other hand Al is the most abundant metal in the Earth's crust(about ). So I think answer is C.

Reaction score
BIOLOGY Can someone help me please
There is a question in OCT/NOV 2005 Paper 6
Suggest how you would observe the yeast cells and how you would estimate their total population in the flask?
i looked it up in the marking scheme but still i don't understand the answer :'(

Reaction score
Q9 (d) can be calculated by the formula F-f=ma (where F is the driving force , f is the opposing force, m is the mass and a is the acceleration).. The difference b/w F and f is the resultant force on the car..