• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Bio ATP notes. made by myself with help from Marking Schemes
in the protein test; you have written two tests. biuret test and one of sodium hydroxide and coppersulfate. my teacher said NaOH (aq) + CuSO4 make up biuret solution. aint it? :confused:

Reaction score
in the protein test; you have written two tests. biuret test and one of sodium hydroxide and coppersulfate. my teacher said NaOH (aq) + CuSO4 make up biuret solution. aint it? :confused:

Exactly both make it up but their concentrations differ !
Its the same thing u dont really need to write CuSO4 and NaOH u can state straight away biuret reagent is added !

Reaction score
wat does it mean by monohybrid?
only two types of alleles for one particular characteristic, with no intermediate phenotypes, only the dominant
(Homozygous dominant and heterozygous genotype) and recessive(homozygous recessive) phenotypes.

mainly only two distinct characteristics. eg red and white flowers.

Reaction score
what is the correct chemical equaton for photosynthesis:
6CO2+12H2O::::::::::::::> C6H12O6+ 6O2 + 6H2O
OR
6CO2+ 6H2O::::::::::::::> C6H12O6+ 6O2

Reaction score
6CO2 + 12 H2O :::LIGHT + CHLOROPHYLL::::::> C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6 H2O

Hmm man dont u think we should use the equation of with no water end product as in the MS they write that one and not this one and i have a CIE endorsed book which also says the same,i know this equation is the new one but still we use the old one to state that photosynthesis is a pprocess by which ............................................ and oxygen is released as a waste product,Just trying to tell u that u dont say Water vapour is released as the waste product ! So the first one should be used and not this one :p

Reaction score
Hmm man dont u think we should use the equation of with no water end product as in the MS they write that one and not this one and i have a CIE endorsed book which also says the same,i know this equation is the new one but still we use the old one to state that photosynthesis is a pprocess by which ............................................ and oxygen is released as a waste product,Just trying to tell u that u dont say Water vapour is released as the waste product ! So the first one should be used and not this one :p

if u have gone completely out of your mind :p, it wouldnt matter if u used the old or new equation, however in actuality, the old equation is completely wrong, and i dont know which marking schemes and books you are reading. :p :D

Reaction score
if u have gone completely out of your mind :p, it wouldnt matter if u used the old or new equation, however in actuality, the old equation is completely wrong, and i dont know which marking schemes and books you are reading. :p :D

I dont know man but its endorsed and in the syllabus ! but ill check the ms when i get time after ATP for know use whicg ever one u like :D :D :D
Yup i think u are correct but it never matters if u can use a bit of energy and see which is right and what is wrong !! :p

Reaction score
I dont know man but its endorsed and in the syllabus ! but ill check the ms when i get time after ATP for know use whicg ever one u like :D :D :D
Yup i think u are correct but it never matters if u can use a bit of energy and see which is right and what is wrong !! :p
bhai paani kai aur bohot saaray intermediate processes hotay hain in photosynthesis!!! aur agar tum yeh nahin batao gai k photosynthesis releases water, to pani release kahan sai ho raha hai!?!?!?!?!?!?

Reaction score
bhai paani kai aur bohot saaray intermediate processes hotay hain in photosynthesis!!! aur agar tum yeh nahin batao gai k photosynthesis releases water, to pani release kahan sai ho raha hai!?!?!?!?!?!?

ill look at it and tell u later for know lets go back to english but i do think u are telling right ! :D

Reaction score
can someone help me out wid this??Where is the hair erector muscle in Q2?

Attachments

• 5090_w06_qp_6.pdf
    294.9 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Give answer with reason for Mcq no:

Attachments

• 5070_w11_qp_11.pdf
    161.2 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Give answer with reason for Mcq no:
5 (B) because only one
electron is shared between CL2, HCl, and H2
35 (C) becuase the D option is a carboxylic acid and there is a OH group in A,B and C option
check the examiner reports there are reasons given for the answers

Reaction score
what does yeast gain from fermentation?
a) CO2 for respiration
b) energy for growth
c) ethanol for growth
d)glucose for respiration