• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I assume u want me to state tht it can be any one or tht I am not sure which one...The pt I am trying to say is tht despite the refraction(which is one time only)it will meet at tht point and we can easily adjust the line accordingly
Adjust does not mean the angles will be correct thus you should follow the parallel line one because it's angles are fairly simple and straight forward.

Not anyone. Only one and you don't know because you don't know refractive index and angle of incidence.

Reaction score
Adjust does not mean the angles will be correct thus you should follow the parallel line one because it's angles are fairly simple and straight forward.

Not anyone. Only one and you don't know because you don't know refractive index and angle of incidence.
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/refrn/Lesson-5/Image-Formation-Revisited
U might want to rephrase tht.. I think i cant convey it properly enough ..Hook up the conv lens img formation.U will get wht I mean

Reaction score
Correct 1mark double bonds of carbon to carbon 1 mark for many such bonds
did u write double carbon to carbon
p.s it, in the mark scheme the 2 pts

Carbon to Carbon. Is that necessary? because in diagram their were double bonds between Oxygen and Carbon :/

- Double bonds.
- Many/In a number of places.

That should be the mark allocation.

And which marking scheme?
Which year?

Reaction score
Carbon to Carbon. Is that necessary? because in diagram their were double bonds between Oxygen and Carbon :/

- Double bonds.
- Many/In a number of places.

That should be the mark allocation.

And which marking scheme?
Which year?
I don't know exactly ...but only carbon to carbon double bonds are converted to single bonds turning them to saturated for instance carboxlic acid aint saturated (I know not the right term) bit it,s these double bonds tht make it saturated ..Abt the MS I don't know exactly s11 to s13(iinclusive winter session)

Reaction score
I don't know exactly ...but only carbon to carbon double bonds are converted to single bonds turning them to saturated for instance carboxlic acid aint saturated (I know not the right term) bit it,s these double bonds tht make it saturated ..Abt the MS I don't know exactly s11 to s13(iinclusive winter session)

So it was definitely from past papers? .-.
And i'll lose one mark for not mentioning C-C?

Reaction score
So it was definitely from past papers? .-.
And i'll lose one mark for not mentioning C-C?
possibly but sersiously I cant tell...There r sometime too syllabus oriented for olevels tht they wud accept an answer relevant to Olevel only...Perhaps unsaturation may have sthh with other double bonds..But right now I have just stated u the words of MS

Reaction score
possibly but sersiously I cant tell...There r sometime too syllabus oriented for olevels tht they wud accept an answer relevant to Olevel only...Perhaps unsaturation may have sthh with other double bonds..But right now I have just stated u the words of MS

So the marking scheme did have one mark allocated for saying C-C?

I looked through year 11 to 13, can't find it :/