• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Okay i havent checked the ms and im writing this answer from what i know :D

the flower shown there contains anthers and stigma of such a type that when anther is mature the stigma is not mature and is still developing,this as a result does not allow pollens from anther to pass into the stigma of the same flower but the insect has to help it in this process and when the stigma is mature as shown in the second figure the anthers have started to wear off !

Now for the part 2 the insect when only the anther is present is attracted by the nectar and when it reaches the flower the pollen grains from the mature anther stick to it and when it flies of to a nearby plant of the same species if the stigma there is mature the pollen grains stick onto the stigma and then pollination occurs while for stigma its the same process as i told but the insect comes to the flower with pollen grains stuck on it and then pollination occurs

I hope u get it :p

just a question...dont you think in c (i) you should notify the characteristics of any plant that is insect pollinated cuz not much is shown here...for that we could use the nectar guides, colourful petals to attract the insects and yes the maturity of one organ at a time can also be fixed in here...

second part.. its pretty easy..and yes you have answered it correctly...:D :p

Reaction score
Re: Biology,Chemistry & Physics Help Available Here !

Can some one explain to me what is the difference between these and the define them
1)Potential Difference
2)E.M.F
3)Current
4)Volts
If Currents and Volts are same then please Pardon me, Actually my teacher doesn't explain us anything and just gives us questions which are totally out of my mind. Worst in Physics

Reaction score

Can some one explain to me what is the difference between these and the define them
1)Potential Difference
2)E.M.F
3)Current
4)Volts
If Currents and Volts are same then please Pardon me, Actually my teacher doesn't explain us anything and just gives us questions which are totally out of my mind. Worst in Physics
potential difference varies the voltage across whatever it is attached
EMF is the energy used to drive a unit charge round the circut(this is lyk the exact defination) otherwise it is the enrgy that is converted from electrical form to non electrical form
Current is the movment of charges in a circuit in a given amount of time
Volt is the unit for voltage.
u askd for differnce. they r all actually differnt things but still conected to one another

Reaction score

1)Potential Difference
2)E.M.F
3)Current
4)Volts

first of all Currents and Volts are different..
Volts is the unit for Voltage and Voltage is the energy of the Charges...
However Currents have the unit Ampere and this is the number of charges...:D...

Potential Diff is the difference of voltage between two points on the circuit and EMF (electromotive force) is the difference of voltage at the start and at the end of the circuit...:D Hope helps..=P

Reaction score
just a question...dont you think in c (i) you should notify the characteristics of any plant that is insect pollinated cuz not much is shown here...for that we could use the nectar guides, colourful petals to attract the insects and yes the maturity of one organ at a time can also be fixed in here...

second part.. its pretty easy..and yes you have answered it correctly...:D :p

Well i kind of forgot the question can u tell me the year again but why dont u check the ms for this it tells u all answers ! :D

Reaction score
briefly explain the preparation of a soluble and an insoluble salt with a NAMED salt as an example. (4 marks):cautious:

for soluble salt use titration method and prepare KCl by reacting KOH and HCL,give the equation and give what u will put in burrette and what in pipette and then evaporate and crystallise to get salt

For insoluble salt use the precipitation reaction and make BaSO4 by reacting Ba(NO)3 with H2SO4 give the equation and tell after reaction complete filter the solution and dry with tissue paper to get the salt thats all !