• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Isn't dynamic equilibrium formed only when there are both reactants and products?. So how can it be formed here?

Reaction score
dynamic euilibrium doesnt apply here that is the problem, it applies after everything has turned normal
no idea where it goes before that
What I get is, both gases start to diffuse at the same time through the porous pot, since one gas is less dense it diffuses first and the other takes some time. Then they both are diffused completely creating dynamic equilibrium. Is that so?

Reaction score
What I get is, both gases start to diffuse at the same time through the porous pot, since one gas is less dense it diffuses first and the other takes some time. Then they both are diffused completely creating dynamic equilibrium. Is that so?
yep
but why does dynamic equilibrium disappear in the middle?

Reaction score
okay so look...wht i said was tht ( for eg)the nitrogen having lesser mr will move inside the porous pot and the co2 will move outside by diffusion.......as it moves inside at a faster rate than co2 could move out ( bc it has low mr) there r more gas molecules in the pot....as there are more gas molecules in the pot so they will exert pressure on water and move it downwards....after sumtime when co2 will have moved out side there will be an equilibrium....as in the molecules of both gasses in and out of the pot will be equalll, and thus the water will move back to its orignal level..........and if the gass inside the porous pot is of lesser mass thn it will move outside more quicker thn the gas outside and hence the water will be sucked upwards....gradually the outside gas will enter inside and agn water will return to its normal state.........
jawab ghalat, damagh on nanga parbat :p