• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Okay I want to be a part of this ...... DarkVoid for english bro i can help you. If you lack writing in stories try to imagine or try to relate your everyday life in those stories or the movies you watch. Try to add your twist as well so it doesnt look like a copy of that movie but if you are comfortable with Essays try to do them because you can take an essay anywhere in a story , Informative and many forms. However the best advice is for english that I got from my seniors and teachers and my common sense is that you focus more on comprehensions rather than on stories (well ofcourse if you are too weak in essays then practice) because comprehensions are pure answers which the examiner cannot deny and subtract marks. Try to do english comprehension as much as possible and write essays or stories daily. The idea is that writing everyday will not favor is absolutely preposterous. When you write your brain starts to become more trained in producing ideas in a short amount of time. Worry less about english the grading thresholds are low but write as best as possible.

Yeah I'm working on that. Been trying to write as much as possible. A question I have, in the one word topics, we can take any approach right? For example , if the topic is "faces" we can take a philosophical approach or write a story, right? As long as the content stays relevant ofcourse. The reason I'm asking is becuase , in school throughout the years I've written stories mostly and teachers recommend that too since you can add suspense and chances of getting better marks are higher. But recently I feel like I'm better at writing on these types of topics.
Thanks and good luck for the exams!

Reaction score
Yeah I'm working on that. Been trying to write as much as possible. A question I have, in the one word topics, we can take any approach right? For example , if the topic is "faces" we can take a philosophical approach or write a story, right? As long as the content stays relevant ofcourse. The reason I'm asking is becuase , in school throughout the years I've written stories mostly and teachers recommend that too since you can add suspense and chances of getting better marks are higher. But recently I feel like I'm better at writing on these types of topics.
Thanks and good luck for the exams!

No no don't go for these topics unless what you're writing centres around it
The one word ones are perhaps the most difficult for me
But if you think you're willing to take the risk them go ahead
However, instead of that id advice you to practise narrative or descriptive writing
Focus on those improve what you lack in and tbh I haven't practised anything for English, I don't get time but if you have time to practise go for anything but one word topics ;)

Reaction score

MCQ 24: B
In part A silver chloride will form (insoluble so precipitate will form)
In part C lead(II) chloride again is insoluble
In part D silver chloride forms again.
In part B sodium chloride forms which is soluble so no ppt.

MCQ 29: C
Desalination removes salt from seawater, salt is soluble. Filtration obviously is used for insoluble substances, and distillation evaporates and condenses the water separating the impurities from the water.

MCQ 16: D
There are two conditions for the bulb to light. Firstly the electrolyte must be liquid or molten and cannot be an organic compound as they do not conduct electricity (C2H5OH). Option B and and C are therefore wrong. Secondly the electrodes must be made of metals having different reactivities. The greater the difference in reactivity the brighter the bulb lights. So D is correct since the metals used are Cu and Ag. Cu is slightly more reactive than Ag. So Cu will lose electrons faster than Ag causing electrons to flow and electricity to be produced.

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions feel free to post :)

Reaction score
MCQ 24: B
In part A silver chloride will form (insoluble so precipitate will form)
In part C lead(II) chloride again is insoluble
In part D silver chloride forms again.
In part B sodium chloride forms which is soluble so no ppt.

MCQ 29: C
Desalination removes salt from seawater, salt is soluble. Filtration obviously is used for insoluble substances, and distillation evaporates and condenses the water separating the impurities from the water.

MCQ 16: D
There are two conditions for the bulb to light. Firstly the electrolyte must be liquid or molten and cannot be an organic compound as they do not conduct electricity (C2H5OH). Option B and and C are therefore wrong. Secondly the electrodes must be made of metals having different reactivities. The greater the difference in reactivity the brighter the bulb lights. So D is correct since the metals used are Cu and Ag. Cu is slightly more reactive than Ag. So Cu will lose electrons faster than Ag causing electrons to flow and electricity to be produced.

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions feel free to post :)

Thankyouu so much :)
Can you reed plain mcq 29?
Also, I wanted to know how many years of p2 I should practise for chem max?

Reaction score
Thankyouu so much :)
Can you reed plain mcq 29?
Also, I wanted to know how many years of p2 I should practise for chem max?

MCQ 29 is C because:
Desalination is used to remove salt from seawater and salt is soluble. The question asks for insoluble substances.
Chlorination has nothing to do with impurities as it kills bacteria and makes the water hygienic.
Options A and B are therefore wrong.
Filtration separates water from insoluble substances such as sand , which remains on the filter paper as residue while the water passes through as the filtrate.
Distillation is normally used for separating soluble substances but can also be used for insoluble ones. The water simply evaporates , condenses and is collected separately while the impurity is left behind in the flask.

Do as many as possible , atleast from 2010 onwards.

Reaction score
MCQ 29 is C because:
Desalination is used to remove salt from seawater and salt is soluble. The question asks for insoluble substances.
Chlorination has nothing to do with impurities as it kills bacteria and makes the water hygienic.
Filtration separates water from insoluble substances such as sand , which remains on the filter paper as residue while the water passes through as the filtrate.
Distillation is normally used for separating soluble substances but can also be used for insoluble ones. The water simply evaporates , condenses and is collected separately while the impurity is left behind in the flask.

Oh thanks a lot :)
I know but I see that not much time is left and I haven't even started ATP yet so I'm thinking to cut back on a few years
I'll do from 2010 once I'm done with those will do Atps and I get time I'll do the remaining theories too

Reaction score
Oh thanks a lot :)
I know but I see that not much time is left and I haven't even started ATP yet so I'm thinking to cut back on a few years
I'll do from 2010 once I'm done with those will do Atps and I get time I'll do the remaining theories too

Yes, do Atps in the end , they are short and can be done fairly quickly.
Hope it all goes well for all of us.

Reaction score
I was practising this worksheet but I didn't understand part b (i and (ii?
The answer is written in red but can someone explain me this?image.jpg

Reaction score
Also, I mess up moles in every pastpaper I have practised so far so darkvoid or Error Syntax, can you people tell me any link or site or video or resource from where I can practise and improve this chapter? Thanks a lot :)
And are you guys done with all pastpapers of chemistry, bio, physics?

Reaction score
MCQ 29 is C because:

Just wanted to let you know that the answer to 29 is D
I also thought it would be C because distillation CAN possibly be used to remove insoluble substances but i think the question does not take that into regard.
Can the person who posted this question please recheck the answer? I know it seems quite confusing but this is the only conclusion that I can draw :)

Reaction score
I was practising this worksheet but I didn't understand part b (i and (ii?
The answer is written in red but can someone explain me this?View attachment 60190
These answer's frankly speaking make no sense. Copper would not be used because it is below Hydrogen in the reactivity series and so it will not react with HCl, or any other acid for that matter.
The test wire should in my opinion (not too sure about this though) be dipped in an alkali to neutralise it before repeating the experiment.
Hope it helped!

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that the answer to 29 is D
I also thought it would be C because distillation CAN possibly be used to remove insoluble substances but i think the question does not take that into regard.
Can the person who posted this question please recheck the answer? I know it seems quite confusing but this is the only conclusion that I can draw :)

The answer is actually C even i thought it was C at first:p

Reaction score
Also, I mess up moles in every pastpaper I have practised so far so darkvoid or Error Syntax, can you people tell me any link or site or video or resource from where I can practise and improve this chapter? Thanks a lot :)
And are you guys done with all pastpapers of chemistry, bio, physics?
I have great video of Moles will upload them for you in youtube. It talks about everything of moles from GCSEs althougth the guy teaching is american and Sorry I couldnt answer the question was away for a while.

Reaction score