• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio Paper 12 (24 hours passed) Discussion!

Reaction score
what of the question about the reason for uptake of water? D was the evaporation of water from the mesopyll cells and another option had to do with diffusion through the stomata.

Reaction score
what of the question about the reason for uptake of water? D was the evaporation of water from the mesopyll cells and another option had to do with diffusion through the stomata.
i think d BECAUSE uptake of water is due to transpiration . transpiration occur due to evaporation of water from spongy mesophyll cells

Reaction score
is it paper was easy or difficult what was about threshold?

to be honest, the paper wasnt very easy. It had this weird and alien touch to it. I think it was the hardest of the mcp for the 3 sciences.
So hopefully the threshold would be a bit low too :)

Reaction score
GUys the question about cohesion what did you say i choose the one was no end walls

Reaction score
GUys the question about cohesion what did you say i choose the one was no end walls

nup it was D the narrow tube one as cohesion is a base for capillary action for the movement of water in xylem and capillary action was more appropriately defined by D!

Reaction score
i think d BECAUSE uptake of water is due to transpiration . transpiration occur due to evaporation of water from spongy mesophyll cells

transpiration is the movement of water out of the leave weren't we supposed to tell about the movement from ROOT to LEAF. and it had to be the absorption of water ?

Reaction score
but having no end walls will not break the cohesion force i think

Reaction score
transpiration is the movement of water out of the leave weren't we supposed to tell about the movement from ROOT to LEAF. and it had to be the absorption of water ?

but isnt water uptake a passive process?? Instead of the water being pushed from below its pulled from above.

Reaction score
it will break the force between the molecules the xylem vessel is hollow continuous tube which i imp factor in i making the water to move in one body form and this is supported by having no end wall ....capillarity force water to move upward only