• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P2 !

How was P2 Physics?

• Total voters
Reaction score
dude i did the graph wrong anyway irrespective of the result of our convo i wouldnt benifit in marks :p
but see my post
Well I can`t argue anymore. I`m out of formulas. Shit, I made the horizontal line in the stationary wave but changed it because it seemed too unrealistic :( Curse my instincts :p

Reaction score
For the turbine question energy loss.
1. some of the energy is lost in turbine due to friction and other resistive forces.
2. when wind particles collide with turbine some of the energy is lost as heat (thermal).

Do the second one seems fine?

Moi

Reaction score
ya made a horizontal line to.....phew! i thought i ws nuts for doing that,,,,,awesome if ppl have a mind like me

Hahaaa LOL ikr?? i was lucky i passed by a similar Qs in earlier years..but i really doupted my self in the exam..but hey..better do something than leaving it empty right?? It still doesn't make since why it's horizental line but whatever as long as it's correct! :)

Reaction score
Okay since 24 hours are up,
The graphs were easy. The first one was the same as the force-time one. Just that accelaration was on 3. something. The second one was a right angle triangle. Starting from 0 to 16.8. And then dropping vertically at 2 seconds.
These are absolutely the right graphs :)
Was the first one similar to that of the force-time o_O ?? I guess in addition to the force-time graph we had to show that the body accelerated from zero to 3. something in 0 s coz the question clearly mentions that the body started from rest which means its initial acceleration should be zero. Isn't the case :cautious: I may be wrong though :D ? So basically the graph would be straight vertical line from 0 to 3. something at t = 0 and the remaining one similar to the f-t graph.

Reaction score
Was the first one similar to that of the force-time o_O ?? I guess in addition to the force-time graph we had to show that the body accelerated from zero to 3. something in 0 s coz the question clearly mentions that the body started from rest which means its initial acceleration should be zero. Isn't the case :cautious: I may be wrong though :D ? So basically the graph would be straight vertical line from 0 to 3. something at t = 0 and the remaining one similar to the f-t graph.
no way the graph showed constant acceleration how could you show increasing acceleration with constant force?

Reaction score
no way the graph showed constant acceleration how could you show increasing acceleration with constant force?
So u mean that the body started from rest at t=0 with 3. something acceleration ? Is it even possible ........ isn't the acceleration supposed to be zero when velocity is zero o_O ?

Reaction score
So u mean that the body started from rest at t=0 with 3. something acceleration ? Is it even possible ........ isn't the acceleration supposed to be zero when velocity is zero o_O ?
dude tell me cant u have constant acceleration from the start actucally he could have moved 3.5 metres in first second seven in second and so on u can have constant acceleration even at t=0 remeber projectile even at max point g has a value asd need ur help in convincing others

Reaction score
dude tell me cant u have constant acceleration from the start actucally he could have moved 3.5 metres in first second seven in second and so on u can have constant acceleration even at t=0 remeber projectile even at max point g has a value asd need ur help in convincing others
Never-mind I'm currently out of my mind due to Chem. P-5 !!! Furthermore I drew the a-t graph with the particle accelerating from 0 to 3. something in 0 s .... so the line was on the dark vertical axis ..... so if you are right then I can still hope that the examiner won't see it :D !!

Reaction score
Okay since 24 hours are up,
The graphs were easy. The first one was the same as the force-time one. Just that accelaration was on 3. something. The second one was a right angle triangle. Starting from 0 to 16.8. And then dropping vertically at 2 seconds.
These are absolutely the right graphs :)
I'm pretty sure after 16.8 it was a horizontal line till the end. As the force became zero, change in momentum was zero.

Reaction score
acceleration can be zero even with constant velocity....newton's 1st law of motion says a body keeps its state of rest or UNIFORM motion unless acted upon by external force,,,,nd force means acceleration

Reaction score
Okay guys to sum up the paper was pretty easy. There`s no way to confirm who is right and who`s wrong. So lets just stop the discussion because we are getting nowhere with this. I`m sure everyone had a good paper and we can all pray and hope for the best grade InshAllah.

Reaction score
The graphs were generally easy. I can`t discuss the answers here right now. The second graph seemed tricky to many.. But it was easy knowing Change in Momentum equals to Force multiplied by Time. 9 easy marks :)

Momentum = m(v-u)/t