• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics (0606) Doubt

Reaction score
See the question said that TWO teams have to be choosen, so think of a two teams as one conplete event(or outcome) ,and a single team as half of an outcome,and if u know the basic counting principle it says that if two tasks are to occur in succesive than u MULTIPLY their odds, and by this the first part is 14C8 and second is 8C4*6C4
I did 8C4*6C4*2 because there were two teams and they did not specify which team has a boy or a girl. What did you get for the secirity code questions?

Reaction score
I did 8C4*6C4*2 because there were two teams and they did not specify which team has a boy or a girl. What did you get for the secirity code questions?
I am pretty sure that you dont need to multiply by 2 as the question was based on COMBINATION not permutation where order doesnt matter, so it didnt matter which team was selected first!

Reaction score
See the question said that TWO teams have to be choosen, so think of a two teams as one conplete event(or outcome) ,and a single team as half of an outcome,and if u know the basic counting principle it says that if two tasks are to occur in succesive than u MULTIPLY their odds, and by this the first part is 14C8 and second is 8C4*6C4

Are you sure that the first part answer for the two teams question was just 14C8, because even if you select 8 members, they can be rearranged into different teams right?

Reaction score
I dont know I put 14C8, but then I realised it might be wrong after the exam. What did you put

Reaction score
there are 2 ways to arrange the symbols among themselves, 6P4 ways to arrange the remaining 4 digits/letters or both and there are 5 cases in which the symbols can be next to each other. hence totally it is 5 * 6P4 * 2

What did most of the people in your class put for the 14C8 one?