• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics (0606) Doubt

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Reaction score
And one more thing, u take the (3,1) coordinates for P because the question says that p is on the line AB and it's clear that the other point for p is beyond A

Reaction score
Here u go
Just a hint. Whenever u get decimal answers make sure u round them off so that they have same sf as the points in question like I got 2.96133..... I just round it off to nearest whole number as all x values are whole number
That is hardcore algebra. Thank you so much.:)

Reaction score
Here u go
Just a hint. Whenever u get decimal answers make sure u round them off so that they have same sf as the points in question like I got 2.96133..... I just round it off to nearest whole number as all x values are whole number
Do you have any other tips for these kind of questions?

Reaction score
Do you have any other tips for these kind of questions?
Just remeber to draw a sketch and learn a little bit of circle theorem and applications in Geometry. If you can try to download C2 Textbook for AS lvl(edexcel board) and read 4th Chapter Coordinate geometry in cartesian plane. Ik its as lvl just dont panic and read through the chapter it will reallly help you out in finding strategies to solve such problems as these type of question have more than a way to solve them and I preferably like to solve through substitution method.

Reaction score
Just remeber to draw a sketch and learn a little bit of circle theorem and applications in Geometry. If you can try to download C2 Textbook for AS lvl(edexcel board) and read 4th Chapter Coordinate geometry in cartesian plane. Ik its as lvl just dont panic and read through the chapter it will reallly help you out in finding strategies to solve such problems as these type of question have more than a way to solve them and I preferably like to solve through substitution method.
Yeah I got the PDF. The book looks informative and has a bit of explanation on circle related problems. Thank you.:)

Reaction score
i have a question for addmaths this came in p1.
Q. two teams each of four students are to be selected from 8 boys and 6 girls.
find the number of different ways they can be selected
i. if there are no restrictions
ii.one team contains girls only and the othere contains boys only.

Reaction score
i have a question for addmaths this came in p1.
1) 14C4 * 10C4
2)8C4*6C4

Reaction score
See ur first part is correct but second partnis wrong.
This is because you actually assumed that ur first choice doesnt effect you second choice but it does as ur choices arent independent of each other.
Hey can you please tell me which answers are correct for this question:
(i) 14C8 OR 14C4*10C4 (i did the first one; but my brilliant fellow did the 2nd)
(ii) 8C4*6C4 OR 8C4+6C4

This was the question:

Reaction score
Hey can you please tell me which answers are correct for this question:
(i) 14C8 OR 14C4*10C4 (i did the first one; but my brilliant fellow did the 2nd)
(ii) 8C4*6C4 OR 8C4+6C4

This was the question:

See the question said that TWO teams have to be choosen, so think of two teams as one conplete event(or outcome) ,and a single team as half of an outcome,and if u know the basic counting principle it says that if two tasks are to occur in succesive than u MULTIPLY their odds, and by this the first part is 14C8 and second is 8C4*6C4

Last edited:
Reaction score
thnkx alot sir! thank god i did it correctly. i was too much worries about it. :)
See the question said that TWO teams have to be choosen, so think of a two teams as one conplete event(or outcome) ,and a single team as half of an outcome,and if u know the basic counting principle it says that if two tasks are to occur in succesive than u MULTIPLY their odds, and by this the first part is 14C8 and second is 8C4*6C4