• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 3 (9708/32) Discussion and shizz.

Reaction score
Okay! but wat i remembr is i didnt chnge the equity amount as it was a bonus issue

The bonus issue itself doesn't change sharehoders fund but the cost of the bonus is taken from the Retained Earnings to it decreases the shareholders fund. (By 20 thousand in this question).

Reaction score
4 which question was the answer limiting factor?
Nd regrding the annual budget question u had to choose which budget is prepared first

No dude the question was something else . I want exact wordings of the question regarding annual budget otherwise even I would have opted for sales budget however I did for limiting factor

Reaction score
The bonus issue itself doesn't change sharehoders fund but the cost of the bonus is taken from the Retained Earnings to it decreases the shareholders fund. (By 20 thousand in this question).
R u sure about dis answr?

Reaction score
No dude the question was something else . I want exact wordings of the question regarding annual budget otherwise even I would have opted for sales budget however I did for limiting factor
I guess u r confusing it wid some other question
bcoz this was a very straight frwrd 1 nd i guess it was a repeatd question as well

Reaction score
I do not think so ... I am pretty sure it was the same question you are talking about as limiting factor is the first priority

Reaction score
I do not think so ... I am pretty sure it was the same question you are talking about as limiting factor is the first priority
I have confirmed it with many of my friends, nd even they did sales budget
Btw which variant did u give?

Reaction score
Even I have discussed with my friends variant 2 .. Yours. ?

If you're asking about the one in which it asked which is the first step in preparing annual budget then it's answer was Sales Budget. I got it wrong myself but that's the correct answer. It's even in Randall's book :)

Reaction score
If you're asking about the one in which it asked which is the first step in preparing annual budget then it's answer was Sales Budget. I got it wrong myself but that's the correct answer. It's even in Randall's book :)
The answer to this question was limiting factor and not sales budget. How are u supposed to draw up a sales budget, predicting future sales, when u dont know if any factor is in shortage! Normally we make sales budget first but when there's a shortage of a factor we have to recognize it first to act accordingly.

Reaction score
The answer to this question was limiting factor and not sales budget. How are u supposed to draw up a sales budget, predicting future sales, when u dont know if any factor is in shortage! Normally we make sales budget first but when there's a shortage of a factor we have to recognize it first to act accordingly.

I second that . Even in previous papers the answer has been limiting factor regarding budget question however it must be noted that the option in those mcqs did not have sales budget

Reaction score
The question was what is the starting point when preparing final budgets ? as far as i remember it was lyke ths

Reaction score
yes u r right there were question in previous in which we were asked to find out the limting factor for material, sale, overheads

Reaction score

Wrong. Factors are used for production. Any shortage in any factor will not, in any way, affect the sales budget. It'll only affect the production or purchases budget. The answer was sales budget.

Reaction score
you guys kill me..........that was the hardest paper i have ever sat for in accounting, variant 42, i dont know wat paper u guys did but i am envious, wen we left the exam hall it was lyk no one talked about it coz they all knew how shit it was:cry:

Reaction score
Wrong. Factors are used for production. Any shortage in any factor will not, in any way, affect the sales budget. It'll only affect the production or purchases budget. The answer was sales budget.
no thts not true because sales itself can be a limiting factor at some point where demand is less the ans is limiting factor :)