• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
guys..plz help with the graph question i posted above. also, weird confusion. :p is it larmor frequency or lamour frequency. application booklet says lamour but all other books i have say larmor and also the marking scheme says larmor!! :p

Reaction score
Using the first law of thermodynamics, explain why the specific latent heat of vaporization is greater than the specific latent heat of fusion for a particular substance?

cn smone explain

Reaction score
you need more energy to make work against atmosphere when the gas is expanding, plus you need more thermal energy to break intermolecular forces.

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_41.pdf please do Q 4 (ii) i dont get the question
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s09_qp_4.pdf and Q9 part b please give a clear solution for this as i dont get it

thanku please reply fast tomorrow i have a paper

For Q9 b) the difference in the uncertainties is 10%-2% =8%

That's an uncertainty of 0.08. So to calculate the activity for when the source is not decaying 0.08, it would be decaying 1-0.08= 0.92.
so the activity= 0.092 decay constant=0.693/half life .. and the rest is just
A
= A0 exp(–ln2 t / T½
)

Reaction score
co
For Q9 b) the difference in the uncertainties is 10%-2% =8%

That's an uncertainty of 0.08. So to calculate the activity for when the source is not decaying 0.08, it would be decaying 1-0.08= 0.92.
so the activity= 0.092 decay constant=0.693/half life .. and the rest is just
A
= A0 exp(–ln2 t / T½
)

could you plz elobarte this mate!!!
espically didnt get the part when u said 1-0.08!!!