• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
Conventional current is the opposite to electron current!
Conventional current is in the direction of flow of protons while electron current is in the direction of flow of electrons!
Unless mentioned, the term 'current' means conventional current.
yeh I know that .. but its not sticking to my head...
e- ---------------------------------->
<----------------------------------- +
how is this the same?

Reaction score
plz answer my dis Q?:(
we have to make a total capacitance of 4500 so two series capacitors parallel to two other series capacitors . the safe working voltage is 6V but the circuit has 8V but according to the arrangement each capacitor would get 4V so it would be fine . get it ?

Reaction score
yeh I know that .. but its not sticking to my head...
e- ---------------------------------->
<----------------------------------- +
how is this the same?

Umm... Ok I'll tell you what I understand about this, although you simply don't need to know it. Conventional Current is the flow of charge from a higher potential to a lower potential. When you say a +1 ( High ) moves to a point having 0 potential for example. There is a flow of current right there.

However, electrons are negatively charged, so they have the lower potential (-1) if they move to the same 0 point. Thus the conventional current is supposed to be flowing the other way from the higher (o) to the lower (-1)...

I'm not sure about what I have said and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

HOWEVER: DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT IN AN EXAM! If an electron moves to the left, then the current to the right. Same with any negative charges and Good luck. : )

Reaction score
Umm... Ok I'll tell you what I understand about this, although you simply don't need to know it. Conventional Current is the flow of charge from a higher potential to a lower potential. When you say a +1 ( High ) moves to a point having 0 potential for example. There is a flow of current right there.

However, electrons are negatively charged, so they have the lower potential (-1) if they move to the same 0 point. Thus the conventional current is supposed to be flowing the other way from the higher (o) to the lower (-1)...

I'm not sure about what I have said and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

HOWEVER: DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT IN AN EXAM! If an electron moves to the left, then the current to the right. Same with any negative charges and Good luck. : )
lol I think you got close to what Im tryna put into words in my head... but thanks