• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics P4 Questions ONLY

Reaction score
Thank you! Though I didn´t understand "so, gain= 0/Vin (Vin = V2-V1)" and the jump to using potential divider formula.

Oh let me try again :p

Vout= O.

Gain= Vout/ (V2-V1)

Gain = O/(V2-V1)

Gain* (V2-V1) = O

either Gain = O or (V2-V1) = O

So thats how we get V2=V1

Reaction score
Thank you! Though I didn´t understand "so, gain= 0/Vin (Vin = V2-V1)" and the jump to using potential divider formula.

Potential divider stuff...

So when we consider the line with strain gauge.

Take the the point (that small round circle) and find the potential at the point.

The formula is: Vout = Vin*R2/(R1 + R2)

So what we do is find Vout here. (which in this sum is V1)

here Vin= 4.2 v, R2 is the resistance of strain guage.

Reaction score
Potential divider stuff...

So when we consider the line with strain gauge.

Take the the point (that small round circle) and find the potential at the point.

The formula is: Vout = Vin*R2/(R1 + R2)

So what we do is find Vout here. (which in this sum is V1)

Yeah got it! ^^ Its incredible, I´ve learned more here in 15mins than two years with my teacher!

Btw, for part (iii) you get Vout as -0.12V, what does the negative sign indicate?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry for that...
The last part,,,iam sorry.Here's the way....First u get v2--->(1000/1128)*(4.5-0)-----u use the pd concept here.
Then to get v output use the formula given---->12*(4-3.99)
Sorry for the mIstakes. HAHA!!

Hey bro i checked your work! V comes to 4.5 Volts actually? can you check?

Reaction score
Since ideal gas's internal energy is directly proportional to the temperature, del u will be 0. Wince it is being compressed, the volume decreases and W=+. To make the U=O, Q=-
Heating of a solid without expansion. Heating=+, without expansion means del W is 0 thus overall u=+
As for ice, im a little unsure about it, but still, ill give it a shot. Q=+ as energy is required to weaken the bongs to convert it into water. Since ice is less dense than water, when it will melt, it the density will increase which means volume will decrease, thus W=+ and U is positive.
Just remember, when volume increases, W=-, when volume decreases, W=+.
When energy is supplied, Q=+, when Q=-, energy is given out. And U=del W + del Q.

Man you were so helpful,
May God bless you :) the only mistake you did was w=+ in the end, it is w=0 in ms. any idea, how?

Reaction score
Yeah got it! ^^ Its incredible, I´ve learned more here in 15mins than two years with my teacher!

Btw, for part (iii) you get Vout as -0.12V, what does the negative sign indicate?

Thank you!

Oh yeah! Its actually op-amp acts as a comparator.
some theory here: For comparator,
if V+ > V-, then Vout = +ve and vice versa.

In our case, v-= v1 =4 V and v+=v2=3.99, so the output will be negative as v+ < v-

Reaction score
Reaction score
so4_4: Q5(d ii) Why is it 3.0A? and not 1.12A?

Attachments

• 9702_s04_qp_4.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 9702_s04_ms.pdf
    201.3 KB · Views: 4