• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics P4 Questions ONLY

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me allocate (and explain the positions) of each nucleon please? Q8(a)

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• 9702_s11_qp_41.pdf
    153 KB · Views: 24
  • 9702_s11_ms_41.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me allocate (and explain the positions) of each nucleon please? Q8(a)

Thank you very much in advance.
The reasoning is fe u must know it is in the max height(peak)
For h the ar is the smallest.
N the zr should be to the right because of higher ar than fe

Attachments

• nb.png
    nb.png
    6 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
anyone who can explain this? :'(
View attachment 42805
Since ideal gas's internal energy is directly proportional to the temperature, del u will be 0. Wince it is being compressed, the volume decreases and W=+. To make the U=O, Q=-
Heating of a solid without expansion. Heating=+, without expansion means del W is 0 thus overall u=+
As for ice, im a little unsure about it, but still, ill give it a shot. Q=+ as energy is required to weaken the bongs to convert it into water. Since ice is less dense than water, when it will melt, it the density will increase which means volume will decrease, thus W=+ and U is positive.
Just remember, when volume increases, W=-, when volume decreases, W=+.
When energy is supplied, Q=+, when Q=-, energy is given out. And U=del W + del Q.

Reaction score
Would like some explanations for the following questions:

s11_43: Q3(c), Q9(b, all), Q11(a) & (b), Q12(b)

Attachments

• 9702_s11_qp_43.pdf
    139.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 9702_s11_ms_43.pdf
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
for 9b,,,1)gain(memorising stuff)
(11)the attachment
(111)vout=12*(1000/1128)*4.5

Attachments

• sdfg.png
    sdfg.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Okay for the first question

Thank you! What I don´t get is that you have calcualted the total capacitance to find the total charge? But on the question they ask for the charge one one plate of capacitor X. I simply don´t understand why the total capacitance and times by the p.d. would give the magnitude of the charge ON ONE PLATE OF CAPACITOR X.

Reaction score
Thank you! What I don´t get is that you have calcualted the total capacitance to find the total charge? But on the question they ask for the charge one one plate of capacitor X. I simply don´t understand why the total capacitance and times by the p.d. would give the magnitude of the charge ON ONE PLATE OF CAPACITOR X.

I guess that how it works....The charge on one capacitor represent the charge of the whole thing....Conservation of charge i guess.Not really sure abt it...

Reaction score
Would like some explanations for the following questions:

s11_43: Q3(c), Q9(b, all), Q11(a) & (b), Q12(b)

Hey for the amplifier question, Its an inverting amplifer.
The main formula to be used here is : gain = Vout/Vin = - Rf/Rin.
So, (i) is gain.
(ii), Vout= 0,
so, gain= 0/Vin (Vin = V2-V1)
from here you can say, V2=V1 (using maths, Vin = 0 or V2 - V1=0 or V1=V2)
Thus, we can use the line from strain guage as V1=V2.
therfore, we use potential divider formula to find the potential : i.e, V1 = 1000/(1000+125) * 4.5

(iii) again we use potential divider formula to find V2 as V1 remains constant, but the resistance is 128. Finally we use the gain formula!

I hope this kind of question doesn;t come :|

Reaction score
Q12(b)
UV radiation has shorter wavelength and therefore it means that it has a greater frequency, resulting in higher attenuation.The maximum uninterrupted length when using UV would be less and therefore IR radiation is used ,which has a lower frequency and result in much less atenuation!(y)

Thank you, and sorry for asking so many stupid questions but, why does a shorther wavelength (and therefore a higher frequency) result in higher attenuation?

Reaction score
For (ii), there is no answer for V1? and for (iii) the ans of Vout you get is 47.9V instead of 0.128V
Sorry for that...
The last part,,,iam sorry.Here's the way....First u get v2--->(1000/1128)*(4.5-0)-----u use the pd concept here.
Then to get v output use the formula given---->12*(4-3.99)
Sorry for the mIstakes. HAHA!!

Attachments

• sdfg.png
    sdfg.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hey for the amplifier question, Its an inverting amplifer.
The main formula to be used here is : gain = Vout/Vin = - Rf/Rin.
So, (i) is gain.
(ii), Vout= 0,
so, gain= 0/Vin (Vin = V2-V1)
from here you can say, V2=V1 (using maths, Vin = 0 or V2 - V1=0 or V1=V2)
Thus, we can use the line from strain guage as V1=V2.
therfore, we use potential divider formula to find the potential : i.e, V1 = 1000/(1000+125) * 4.5

(iii) again we use potential divider formula to find V2 as V1 remains constant, but the resistance is 128. Finally we use the gain formula!

I hope this kind of question doesn;t come :|

Thank you! Though I didn´t understand "so, gain= 0/Vin (Vin = V2-V1)" and the jump to using potential divider formula.

Reaction score
I guess that how it works....The charge on one capacitor represent the charge of the whole thing....Conservation of charge i guess.Not really sure abt it...

actually when get the circuit in series, the capacitor store the same charge. So 10miifarad and 20milifarad (after solving) would have the same charge, but they have different Pd, :)