• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 ECONOMICS: Guess Paper-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
nope Sir, the correct option is C for the question on the left & A for the question on the right
I am talking about The graphical question regarding LRAC. below minimum efficient scale is the correct option. Other questions are not visible and I cannot see.

Reaction score
Sir in data response govt policies regarding forign investment main
interest rate policy and fiscal policy sai haina ??

Reaction score
Actually Sir the question came on wage differentials not labour market imperfect.
Your mark scheme for q5 is based on labour market imperfection.
The existance of monopsonist and trade unioun and national minimum wage is due to LABOUR MARKET IMPERFECTIONS.
But today the examiner asked why the wage between 2 occupations are different.
He was infact asking about wage differential

economics theory of labour is theory of mrp.. which assumes a perfect mobility and homogeneity of labour but real world is far removed from this and suffers the following differentials
segmented labour market
human capital
dual market hyphothesis
discrimination
Relative quality and risk associated with the job
and in the end due to market structures..

Reaction score
Actually Sir the question came on wage differentials not labour market imperfect.
The existance of monopsonist and trade unioun and national minimum wage is due to LABOUR MARKET IMPERFECTIONS.

economics theory of labour is theory of mrp.. which assumes a perfect mobility and homogeneity of labour but real world is far removed from this and suffers the following differentials
segmented labour market
human capital
dual market hyphothesis
discrimination

with that 2 occupations u should related to transfer earnings and economic rent in that essay

Reaction score
I have the mark scheme for June 2002 in a book, I can quickly type it up if you can't find it online? Let me know.

Reaction score
Sir in data response govt policies regarding forign investment main
interest rate policy and fiscal policy sai haina ??
g bilkul you will have to describe taxes, subsidies, interest rate policies etc which are the tools of fiscal and monetary policy.

Reaction score

segmented labour market
human capital
dual market hyphothesis
discrimination
you are true dear but you must keep in mind that differential in wages occurs due to imperfection as well. While in case of MRP theory wages are identical. So, if anyone has explained monopoly, monopsony, bilateral monopoly, minimum wages, maximum wages then they have done well. Differential occurs when people are the part of monopoly trade union or they are striving on their own.

Reaction score
you are true dear but you must keep in mind that differential in wages occurs due to imperfection as well. While in case of MRP theory wages are identical. So, if anyone has explained monopoly, monopsony, bilateral monopoly, minimum wages, maximum wages then they have done well. Differential occurs when people are the part of monopoly trade union or they are striving on their own.
but sir I remember the question stating public sector nurses,so why would an imperfect market structure explaination be required?I wrote about the mrp theory,labour supply of individual and to firm with supportive diagrams.Chose not to write about trade union because I thought it wasn't required.I concluded by saying that the the wage difference is unfair as wage depends upon mrp. I know its not a level 4 answer but sir,according to you how many marks will I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.