• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Levels Equivalence

Reaction score
As salam mu alikum,

i need some help regarding equivalence for o and a levels! i hope you can help me!can u please tell me that if i repeat a sub. of o levels after 1 year n 6 months so, will ibcc consider my latest grade or the previous one!

Please help me! Its really urgent! I'll be grateful to u for help!

regards,

Reaction score
Hey all! Aoa, I'm an overseas student from Kuwait. I did my O'Levels in 2011 and scored following grades:-
Biology: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Maths: B
I.T: B
English: C
I then did AS in following subjects scoring grades as follows.
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Physics: D
After all this I decided to take a gap year which was 2013.
And so, as of now its 2014. I appeared in Chemistry and Biology of A2 and scored 2D's, Respectively.
I'd gone thorugh some forums and got to know that in Pakistan, if you're planning of pursuing a career in Medicine all in all you ought to have with your are 3 subjects. Therefore, I decided to take my physics A2 in the upcoming January 2015 as my board is Edexcel. Right? So now my question to all you folks out there is that, Is it okay ìf I took a gap year in between my AS and A2. Also, this coming January would unfortunately happen to be my 2nd year in A2. Will Ibcc be cool with it? And yes, I would be really grateful if anyone you could workout my A' levels equilance! I await the replies. Kind Regards!

Reaction score
Hey all! Aoa, I'm an overseas student from Kuwait. I did my O'Levels in 2011 and scored following grades:-
Biology: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Maths: B
I.T: B
English: C
I then did AS in following subjects scoring grades as follows.
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Physics: D
After all this I decided to take a gap year which was 2013.
And so, as of now its 2014. I appeared in Chemistry and Biology of A2 and scored 2D's, Respectively.
I'd gone thorugh some forums and got to know that in Pakistan, if you're planning of pursuing a career in Medicine all in all you ought to have with your are 3 subjects. Therefore, I decided to take my physics A2 in the upcoming January 2015 as my board is Edexcel. Right? So now my question to all you folks out there is that, Is it okay ìf I took a gap year in between my AS and A2. Also, this coming January would unfortunately happen to be my 2nd year in A2. Will Ibcc be cool with it? And yes, I would be really grateful if anyone you could workout my A' levels equilance! I await the replies. Kind Regards!

Your Olevel equivalence wud b
(1*85)+(3*75)+(1*65)
375/500

Your Alevel equivalence wud be
375+ ur alevel subjects marks. / 800

A* gets a 90
A 85
B 75
C 65
D 55

I am not sure about ur alevel AS A2 gap of more than 1 year.
IBCC does NOT allow u to improve grades after 1 year.

I would highly advise u to regive ALL of Alevel in 1 go (AS and A2 combined)

Give from Kuwait ONLY
Because if u give alevel from pakistan, IbCC will demand pakst, isl and urdu from u in olevels

so give Alevel in 1 go in phy chem and bio from KUWAIT

Reaction score
.... Universities mention : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks each in Matric and HSSC / equivalent exams is required.

So Will it be individually for O levels and A levels ? e.g. O levels : (X/800)*100 = 60% and A levels : (Y/300)*100 = 60 % ??

Or will it work the way u have mentioned in the previous comments ? eg : O levels = x/800 A levels = y/300 so combined will be : x+y/1100 ???

which of these ways universities demand????

Reaction score
can someone tell me what carry forward means when registering for RETAKE for my As level?????? any help will be highly appreciated. And Please be quick, I am about to register NOW and don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
U mean the first case i have mentioned ? 60 % of o levels and 60 % of a levels !

then why are u working it COMBINED out of 1100 ??

Cause your A level marks after equivalence are out of 1100.

can someone tell me what carry forward means when registering for RETAKE for my As level?????? any help will be highly appreciated. And Please be quick, I am about to register NOW and don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

For As level subject you are not supposed to choose any option of carry forward, it is for A2 students.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i need help i got pretty bad grades in Alevels, really bad need to know equalence thing how to find out equalence if i have 5A's 3B's in olevels en pathetic grades in ALEVELS