• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Levels Economics MCQ Doubts

Reaction score
What is Purchasing Power Parity Theory? :/
View attachment 48782
ANS is A and Purchasing Power Parity just means what it's name states, and that is the power of a country to purchase goods from another country...and according to this question the obvious reason to check whether one country should trade with the other..is the price levels of the products of the 2 countries

Reaction score
A rise in the price of Jam will cause a contraction in demand of jam and an increase in demand for honey (substitutes) ... Therefore, this increase in demand will raise the price of Honey...
As honey and beeswax are in joint supply, a rise in price of jam will cause an extension in supply...
This extension in supply will also increase the supply of beeswax causing the price of beeswax to fall...
Clear? :)

Reaction score
Can you help me with oct nov 2012 paper 11 . Ques no 8. The ans is C but idk how

Reaction score
hmm this question does seem wierd but ANS is D according to me as when i read the diagram...it shows the trading possibility curve and PPC and it shows that it imports more of good X and produces more of good Y hence this would mean they are producing OK of good Y and 0 of Good X as they are most probably importing them
upload_2014-11-9_18-27-26.png

Reaction score
this one is a little messy so try to understand.....CURRENTLY the exr is 1 pound=$3 and the country X price for food is $2 and country Y is 1pound($3) so there is no point in trading food.......as for clothing Country X sells it for $4 and country Y sells it for 1 pound($3) so it is worthwhile for Contry X to trade with country Y BUT imagine if the transport cost was 0.33 pounds ($0.99) then this would mean that the ACTUAL price of clothing to the US would be $3.99 (or $4) which is the exact same price meaning there won't be any use to trade..

Reaction score
GUYS who will be doing the Economics MCQ...i have found a small CHEAT CODE you could use during the exam so hear me out xD

IF you come across a question where you are not sure of the answer or have absolutely NO CLUE.. ...then make sure to ALWAYS MARK either B or C as if you take a look at each Marking scheme, you would notice that the answers are always mostly B or C.....but then again, this is just from what i experienced.. and by following this..i found out that i was able to add upto 3 or 4 marks simply by guessing! so yea,,,just wanted to share this with yall...